Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Resignation letter
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

Please can you tell me if this is acceptable:

Dear boss,

Please accept this letter of resignation from XXX as XXX. My last day of employment will be XXX.

While I believe that I am moving for good reasons, I am sorry to leave and I thank you for your support during my time with the company, which I have found enjoyable and fulfilling.

I wish you and the company continued success.

Yours sincerely, XXX

Thanks.

LHS
    Free Member

Not bad,

You could try this…

Dear XXX.

Last night in bed, your wife told me you'd found out about our affair and were going to fire me today. You've not been getting much satisfaction recently, so I won't spoil the trend. This is my letter of resignation.

Don't worry about a reference, I'll tell you now, she's bloody marvellous.

Yours sincerely, XXX

nickjb
    Free Member

Sounds fine to me. Only thing extra would be if you are owed any holiday

Jamie
    Free Member

Yours sincerely, XXX

Kit
    Free Member

I didn't bother with all the arse-licking crap in mine – just told them I was leaving on a certain date, thanks very much, Regards…

But then they can go **** themselves but didn't want to put that in a letter!

allthepies
    Free Member

P.S Suck on my salty nads.

Admiralable
    Free Member

Leave it to STW to bring back doors (and front doors for that matter) getting kicked in!!

cp

didn't bother with the niceitees bits in my last one – just stated the facts. It's only to officially document the process. Me and the then boss had a good old chat afterwards. Actually, I'd already told him face to face before hand too.

Trimix
    Free Member

Dont burn your bridges, its fine, its polite and to the point. May be worthwhile to mention outstanding holidays.

JEngledow
    Free Member

I'm owed holiday so what's a good way of wording it? 🙂

Kit
    Free Member

May be worthwhile to mention outstanding holidays

Like the time in Tenerife with that saucy MILF? Now that was an outstanding holiday!

MSP

Sometimes burning your bridges is the right thing to do, if they treated you like shiite, why the hell would you even consider going back.

antigee

something like – "I believe I have x days holidays I have not taken, please advise if payment to cover this can be included in my final salary payment due on xx/xx/xx or advise if you wish me to take as leave prior to my finishing date" or if intend to take word "I have x days holiday outstanding which i wull take prior to my leaving date"

uplink
    Free Member

Sometimes burning your bridges is the right thing to do, if they treated you like shiite, why the hell would you even consider going back.

Depends on the industry really
    Some are so tight that everyone knows everyone else

antigee

[quote]

had an interesting reunion with a former employee once – left company i worked for telling me, my boss and all and sundry we were worst load of t*ssers he'd ever worked with and how great he was and we were all a waste of space etc etc

a few years later i was working for another co' and was doing due diligence on a company we were buying – the guy was a manager at this co and the look on his face was a picture when we were (re)introduced

MSP

uplink – Member

Depends on the industry really
    Some are so tight that everyone knows everyone else

Then everyone should know that they are a crap company to work for.

I am not saying that it is the OP's case, but its not a good thing to always be subservience in these situations.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Thanks Everyone (even LHS and allthepies!), Jamie that picture of me is a bit old now, as I've grown a mullet and have 'bulked-up' 😆

MSP, I'll not be burning my bridges, but get your point.

Now that I've written the letter I was hoping to sit down with my boss today (as I need to give 1 months notice it would mean I can finish on Fri 13th August and start new job on the 16th), but my boss is working from home today. Should I call him today and give him the letter tommorow or just wait till tommorrow and hope he's feeling generous and lets me off with just under the months notice?

Thanks again.

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

Looks fine.

It is worth being nice. When I was made redundant last year I got e new job from someone I worked with before. I have left that job last Friday and was recruited on Saturday by a company I had worked for before.

Friends and old colleagues are always useful even if you currently have no plans on using them.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Resignation letter’ is closed to new replies.