Viewing 25 posts - 81 through 105 (of 105 total)
  • Rescue Dogs – Share pics of your pups!
  • Stevie
    Free Member

Carbon-tyhe Pitty is easily the soppiest dog I've ever owned-not a grain of aggression in her. But she's Spanish, and in Spain they are kept as family dogs and have been for hundreds of years, not as Chav Bling or Gangster Weapons like the donuts here use them for. She came through customs as a Boxer Cross so she didn't need registering.

cows_in_cars
    Free Member

My dog, Bonnie, she was beaten and kicked till she was about 1. Taken a long time for her to get her confidence back and even longer for her to trust anyone but me but is pretty good now. Happy to go pretty much anywhere, espesually if a tennis ball is coming too! She's AWESOME.

anagallis_arvensis

I wish I had got a rescue, not that I would be without Kea, but I wasnt confident enough that I'd be able to deal with a problem dog…. maybe next time. some lovely looking happy hounds here, well done.

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

The most useless, waste of space we've ever had the misfortune to own. No recall and nothing between his ears but fresh air. He wakes up every morning and has to relearn every thing he knew the day before! Our fault for picking a saluki I guess. But what really grieves me is we gave £90 to the Greyhound resue for him! They saw us coming I tell you.

anagallis_arvensis

daisy, I bet just like our lurcher, watching her run when she is really trying is one of the most joyus things you can do 😀

I expect you have also read Walking Ollie?

midgebait
    Free Member

Another Charlie. Got him last May from a rescue home where he'd been for over six-months. Probably around 4 years old. The photos sum him up quite nicely (soft as…).

p.s. ST, hope you don't mind me raiding your flickr 😉

lookmanohands
    Free Member

dillon (sat up) super play focused and very fast, from dogs trust. sky (chubby one sat down!) from wiccaweys collie rescue. both great dogs, wouldnt change em for the world 😉

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

anagallis
    Watching him run off into the distance is more scary than I could describe, but it's great to see him stretch his legs. Sometimes I think he'll take off and propel himself into orbit, which could be the best place for him, as he can't hurt himself in outspace!
    Yes great book. Really we luv him 🙂 I think….

Woody
    Free Member

This is Roo, a collie cross, rescued with an unkown history and so named because of her ability to jump over anything to escape. Most loyal, intelligent dog I've ever had. This is her a few months before she died of cancer and right up to the very end she wouldn't leave my side even though she must have been in pain 😥 The hairy thing in front keeping her warm is Trudie the mad cat (also a rescue).

These are the current mutts aged (4 or 5 months old in this pic) – not rescues but from proper working stock who are going to get their first outing with the bike very shortly

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

This is Ned "fast as lighting". Lived in a garden shed for the first part life and then we resuced him from his cruel owner. Then lived on our bed for the last 18months of his life before he went to the doggy heaven. Still miss him 😥
    We then replaced him with "Snoopy" the useless Saluki pictured above. Oh what a cruel twist of fate 🙄

tracknicko
    Free Member

Belle.

'Rescued' from home that was sending her to dogs trust/rescue centre for repeated aggressive behaviour.

Had her for 7 awesome months where she excelled at biking at 100mph and being properly mental.

Sadly her aggression issues became worse and worse and despite some very expensive and professional consultation, her repeated attacking of humans and hatred of children/babies meant that she was to leave us in the summer.

On a good day, the best dog i have ever been with, on a bad day the scariest animal i have ever met.

RIP crazy dog.

jimmy

Woody – those labs look fantastic

goon
    Free Member

I expect you have also read Walking Ollie?

It's a great read, and owning a mental longdog who is part Saluki, very comforting. When Ted's saluki traits come to the fore I take great solace in thinking how much worse it could be if he was full saluki 😆

There's a sequel called 'Along Came Dylan' which is also a fun read. The American edition (retitled 'Fetching Dylan') has a much better photograph on the cover 😉 😉

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Goon
    Love your long dog pics. Oh how I wish we could let ours off the lead. Occasionally, if there are no sheep in a 200mile radius and in an enclosed field, we can let him go nuts, but it's a scary sight seeing him disappear from sight at mach3 😯

goon
    Free Member

Daisy , there are quite a few rescues who organise hiring an indoor horse training area for dogs with no recall to charge about in safety. Lurcher Link also have 'fun' coursing and racing quite regularly at the track at Highgate near Rotherham.

It might be worth joining up there and at Greyhound Gap to keep an eye on the events that are being planned.

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Goon
    Hey that sounds a good idea for the Snoopster. I'll keep an eye out. Thanks

cxi
    Free Member

Fab thread. I'd love to have a dog again in the future but as a stop-gap, I sponsor this loon via the Dogs Trust

http://www.dogstrust.org.uk/sponsor/saddoglibrary/mistermagoo.aspx

Need to call in and visit him for the first time at some point 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I hate this thread*. It's making me want to get another dog sooooo much!

Great to see so many cracking hounds getting a great life!

* joke!

LeeW

We also sponser Mr Magoo cxi, we went to visit him last year, you have to call and arrange a visit – you can't just turn up. he has a big enclosure with a sofa in it which he shares with another dog. Sadly I don't think he'll ever get rehomed he's been to so many places he just doesn't settle. The Keepers? Reckon he's just as happy to live there.

They take him out for a quick walk around the pond with a muzzle on, they don't let you handle him on the lead although, you can take him treats but not give them to him until he's back in the pen.

goon
    Free Member

I've 'met' Mr. Magoo! (He was in his run and snuffled up to the mesh.) He was at Roden when we were looking for a hound after Ali died in 2006.

Woody
    Free Member

Woody
    Free Member

Woody – those labs look fantastic

Thanks Jimmy, they are brother and sister – I'll try and get a pic of them on their first trail outing tommorow and post it up. I'm looking forward to it as it'll be my first outing of the year too 😀

cxi
    Free Member

I hadn't realised Mr Magoo was such a celebrity.

Thanks for the information on visiting Lee.

Chris.

colnagokid

I want Mr Magoo!
    Jim (see 1st page) not too sure!
    Loving all the dogs but especially the greyhounds/longdogs (all pooches really :D)

Viewing 25 posts - 81 through 105 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘Rescue Dogs – Share pics of your pups!’ is closed to new replies.