Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 105 total)
  • Rescue Dogs – Share pics of your pups!
  • supersessions9-2
    Free Member

No pedigree 500 quid bought from a breeder dogs, just pics of fabulous rescue dogs having a great time.

here's mine;

Alfie, ~4 years old (had him 9 months), badly treated as puppy and shy of people. Lovely character and temprement, so gentle.

Charley, ~18 months (had him 6 months). Stray, history unknown. Bags of character and really exciteable. Think he's a Corgi-Collie cross. Will run for ever and never seems tired.

jimmy

What is Alfie – Rottweiler / Lab cross? Looks lovely. And Charley, too. Awww.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

yeah we think rott/lab. he's just ace. Come on loads since we got him, he was a nervous wreck. Now he's really playful and exciteable.

colnagokid

Jim, had him 4 years( hope this flickr thing works!)

Yippeee it works! 😀

davey_clayton
    Free Member

KO, died last march aged 15ish. My gf got her from York RSPCA in 1995. They called her KO because she was unconscious when they found her, they thought she had been hit with a hammer or something.

Really miss having a dog and trawl the local rescue home websites every day looking for a suitable victim.

richc
    Free Member

He's mine, 12 months old, Chesapeak/Spinone cross, not strictly a rescue as we got him just before his old owners were going to put him into a rescue centre as they couldn't control him, as he is 90% good, 10% utter, utter bastard

http://newimages.fotopic.net/?iid=11gr6m&outx=800&quality=70

mamadirt
    Free Member

JD! 2 year old whippet/staffie cross . . . he can't half run 😀 . Rescued from the local dog pound by 'Four Paws' – don't know his history but he's good as gold (quite nervous of other dogs though – ended up in the canal on one occasion after taking flight 😉 ).

PePPeR

I've got a Springer Spaniel who has a similar history to richc's dog, the previous owners were going to put him into rescue when my daughter found out about him and we had lost our previous border terrier to cancer 3 months before.

Louis is mad as a hatter (part of the problem for him at his previous home)!
    We saw the room where he was kept and he had ripped half the plaster off the walls!!! He's never done anything like that with us, though if he wants to get out of somewhere he will do his dammedest to get out of there! We've seen him jump over 6' doors to get out.

and here he is being contemplative;

midlifecrashes

Fred, are you ready for your close up?

Who me?

jam-bo

spike, 7 weeks old. not really a rescue dog, but given to us by the in-laws from their collie.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

does this count, we rescued him from a farm and he's trying to rescue me with his backpack

user-removed
    Free Member

Kasper – came from teh Dog's Trust. Similar to above, was a nervous wreck when we got him aged six months. Now nearly four and a proper rascal.

chainslapp
    Free Member

This is Kip (Kipper) who is pictured at 9 months old. He is now 6 years old and absolutely nuts.

chilli
    Free Member

Sky,9 months old when we got her from Barnsley Animal Rescue,nearly two now and complete mentalist!

Castrol
    Free Member

Hi,

This is Sally. Our 15 years old Collie. We got her from the RSPCA when she was 1 after she was removed from the home of someone who attacked their husband with a knife, and that was only part of the story. I'm not sure what else she witnessed but to say she was a complete wreck was an understatement. Took her 6 months before she would go near a bloke. She is still affected by what she saw but wouldn't change her for anything.

Regards,
    Matt (and Sally)

ozzo
    Free Member

there's a common thread here – dogs are NUTS

carbon337
    Free Member

Meet Brad – ESS rescued from NESSR (Northern English Springer Spaniel Rescue) at 5yrs – Nessr.net

History: Ex gundog -but gun shy – ended up with a Girl who then went off traveling so her parents paid for him to go into kennels for a year as they didnt want him in the house. The Kennels contacted NESSR and then we got him. Think he has had a few more homes in there too.

Biked and ran with me but got ran over in October, £3k later and 2 ops on his spine and he's nearly better again. Proper fighter, hard as nails and the fittest dog I have ever know.

sherry
    Free Member

Great to see there are plenty of animal lovers out there! Some really happy stories as well, a good positive animal thread for a nice change.

TooTall
    Free Member

This is Tiki. My wife rescued him before we got together – he was about 6 months, malnourished and aggressive everything – animals, cars, people, food etc.
    She worked with him, trained him and he competed in agility and obedience. He passed the tests in the USA as a Therapy Dog and was the first therapy rottweiler in the state of Louisiana. Since moving here he has passed the PAT dog tests too.

user-removed
    Free Member

Another of Kasper taken about an hour ago, for my 31 day photo challenge. Sleepy dog….

phildowling
    Free Member

Really don't understand how people can be cruel to animals, i'm worse when i loose a dog than a relative!

Patch (Ginger and white one) was rescued by a friend of ours outside a school, he was tied up to a fence and left there all day. Probably the daftest dog i've ever met, but also one of the most loving. Afraid of loads of things so no idea what happened in his past.

Also loves the sofa….once found it in the middle of the room….stuffing of said sofa covering most of the room… 🙄

Other one is Jess, had her since a pup.

goon
    Free Member

Ali the lurcher, died in 2006. He was a Dog's Trust hound, and set us on our way in the lurcher world. The steadiest, most trustworthy dog I ever met.

Ted the longdog. Total opposite to Ali. Over-endowed with enthusiasm, under-burdened by intelligence. An absolute clown of a dog, sprung from a local pound by Greyhound Gap when he had 2 days to live. He hates hot air balloons.

Great thread!

jumping_flea
    Free Member

This is Jess. She died last year aged 13 year (ish) My Fiancee got her from a rescue home aged 2 years before we met. I had the pleasure of knowing her (and telling her off) for 7 years.
    She was totally nuts, but totally ace

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Wonderful pics & great dogs. Wish the Mrs would agree to having a dog, she is allergic to most dogs apart from coarse or tight haired dogs that don't malt. I was brought up with a Yellow Lab 'Honey'and she came every where with me, so I would love another lab. Got loads of good walks from my front door and would love to take a dog with me when I go mountain biking. s I work from home a dog would be a great companion. The kids would love a dog especially my youngest whos Autistic he has always wanted a dog. She has said perhaps some day, I will keep dropping hints.

swampllew
    Free Member

Mio – a wicked rescue dog from the RSPCA at potters bar. Loved people, but hated all other dogs except Jedi's jack russells:

djc1245
    Free Member

1st pic is Dennis, rescue dog and had him for 12 years, died last April, still miss him like mad.

Here's Charlie the latest edition, wonderful little dog.

backhander
    Free Member

The Bear with his "stick"
    Commonly seen in Afan

jedi

swampyllew, mio is still missed mate

jedi

backhander
    Free Member

Sorry for all of your losses. Non dog types can never understand.
    I'll be absolutely inconsolable when the bear passes. I couldn't even read the thread about the poor chap having to put his friend to sleep, I kept welling up.

anagallis_arvensis

the grass in the picture of Ted is mostly Crested Dogs Tail too!!! Cynosurus cristatus

Chris-M
    Free Member

This is Bob, best friend of 10 Years, had to have him put down last June.
    He was about 2 when we got him, bestest dog ever…

Thers' some fantastic pictures here, and lovely dogs.
    Love the Lurcher on the beach shot 🙂

Cheers,

Chris 🙂

Drac

Awwww! Missing my hound again now she's a great miss, trying to hold of getting another just now but threads like this make it hard.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Ronnie, aged about 5 and we got him from the RSPCA rescue center in June 2009

harry
    Free Member

Cody – got him from the local rescue centre a year ago. Can now be seen tearing down singletrack at speeds I could only dream of. Happily pulls the scooter for miles if I can't be bothered to pedal…

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Thanks for all the great photos and stories. Dogs are great!

I didn't put her in my original post but here's Peggy, a smooth haired fox terrier cross from a local rescue centre, lost her in June just before getting Charley. Had her almost 8 years, She was about 14 when she passed away. The most character of any dog I have ever met. Quite cantankerous at times but always loving (to us). Still miss her.

oldgrump08
    Free Member

A great bunch of pics! We're looking round rescue homes at the moment, fingers crossed we can find a youngish dog soon.

nunuboogie
    Free Member

Great photos.
    I'd love another dog, been thinking of getting a rescue, but finding it hard convincing the other half!

ART

Fantastic happy dog pics – particularly in love with sky and ickle Charlie! 😉 Dreaming of having a dog, but need to sort out work circumstances first. .. will have to make do with playing with friends' dogs for a while longer. 😥

Mog
    Free Member

[img][/img]

Ours came from Cardiff pound 4 years ago. Her mother had been tied to the gates and the staff arrived for work to find the litter waiting for them. Ours was the only one left, due to a manky (technical!) leg. Mrs Mog is a sucker for a sob story so she was ours. Comes everywhere with us – great on car journeys, with our baby, with the cat & chickens. Fine with visitors. Supposedly a collie/lab cross, but I guess she's 'just a dog.'

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘Rescue Dogs – Share pics of your pups!’ is closed to new replies.