Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • reptile experts in the house..?
  • yunki
    Free Member

when my other half moved in 4 years ago, she brought with her two male Bearded Dragons..
    they have lived in the corner of the room ever since, providing little more entertainment than an occasional escaped mealworm or cricket and some interesting guano for the compost heap..

this evening one of them laid 20 eggs..

that is all…

ozzy38
    Free Member

WTF…!

CountZero

Captive bred, they could fetch a good price legally.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Scrambled or poached?

MrsToast
    Free Member

Hermaphrodite? Or can they randomly switch gender, Jurassic Park stylee?

yunki
    Free Member

the eggs don’t look viable.. so we’re going to bake them into cup-cakes..

The upshot of all this is that Kiddo is looking tired but well this morning, with an ‘I told you so’ look on her face..
    Bud, on the other hand, ordered a pint of ale this morning instead of his usual pink gin, and he appears to be tentatively trying out a less mincey walk..

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

trying out a less mincey walk

….which to be fair is quite difficult for a reptile.

I had a chameleon and he could mince for England!

sharki
    Free Member

Are they yellowy?

It’s unlikely that you’ll get any live beardy babies without being able to prep the nesting site to keep conditions good for natural incubation.
    Best preheat the oven..

logical
    Free Member

Have a word over on Reptile forums uk
    http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums

yunki
    Free Member

They were indeed very yellowy by the time we got to them Shane..

She’d laid them in the viv which isn’t ideal, and we didn’t notice straight away, so even if any were fertilised they dried out and died pretty quick..
    I feel a bit bad that we hadn’t noticed that she was pregnant.. but to be fair, we didn’t even know she was female, and after four years of them doing almost nothing remarkable at all it gets a bit difficult to motivate yourself to take an interest in their day to day life..

still.. we know now.. and she seems ok after her ordeal.. she’s had a very good feed and a good kip and we’ll be keeping a closer eye on her in future..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘reptile experts in the house..?’ is closed to new replies.