Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Reproofer / tech wash and using a washing machine question
  • skooby39
    Free Member

Hello. I am trying to wash and proof some old kit that no longer works as it should. The wash/reproofer is liquid. When I pour it into the usual main wash drawer on the washing machine, it pours straight out the back of the drawer.

It doesn’t seem to spill onto the floor, but I’m concerned its going down the drain rather than into the drum at some stage. The re-proofer was a milky white colour and I couldn’t see any sign at the start of the cycle, but clearly it must be diluted as the machine normally seeks to dissolve powder.

Any ideas? Is this normal?

Spin
    Free Member

It’s normal.

downhilldave

😀 Yeh,it’s normal and won’t go on thr floor. Hope you took the drawer out and cleaned it thoroughly. I normally run a rinse cycle as well before proofing

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

As above, clean drawer, rinse cycle, tech wash cycle, reproof cycle.

bruneep

Try this stuff http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Repel-Water-repellant-spray-for-waders-jackets-horse-blackets-and-any-fabric-/122024374568? work colleague sells this.

Its very good I found it much better than other reproofers I’ve used.

skooby39
    Free Member

Many thanks all, feel a bit more confident now!

Kit is drip drying, will find out results soon enough.

matts
    Free Member

You found all your waterproof … aren’t in the last week as well, did you?

bennn
    Free Member

Can you not just put it in the detergent drawer?

boblo
    Free Member

I just pour it into the drum on the stuff being reproofed.

scotroutes

I get much, much better results reproofing with a hand wash (despite taking all precautions with the machine).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Reproofer / tech wash and using a washing machine question’ is closed to new replies.