Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Reporting faults and design flaws
  • mikey-simmo
    Free Member

My wife and I were shopping for 3/4 baggies today for her winter riding and found the normally ace Endura Singletrack shorts didn’t work in the XS size. With the liner short connected to the outer it pulled a 4 inch gap in the front of the baggies. Feel like with such a major design flaw and a lack of decent clothing for small women in general and with Endura being a good company normally I’d let them know, but now I’m not so sure.
    Should I bother?
    Altura shorts we tried had an arse so big you could hide your waterproof in them.

druidh
    Free Member

I guess that if they get no feedback they’ll never fix it. What’s to lose by sending an email?

richmars

Just as likely to be a marketing flaw as a design flaw, but either way tell them.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

If she had a choice of things to try I’d be tempted to let them find out the hard way and say sod em!
    But Endura generally are a good firm and I was frankly amazed to see this gaping erm, pouch – something akin to Wallaby.
    Just cuts down the choices, finding something in XS is tough enough – Short and Small and Good, pick two.

JoeG
    Free Member

Could the outer short possibly be a larger size that is incorrectly labelled as an XS? I’d think that something like what you describe would happen if you put an XS liner in a medium outer. Mistakes do happen, I’d give Endura a chance to explain.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

We thought that and checked, i guess the label could be wrong. The liners are always kidney crushingly over elasticated anyway.

CraigW
    Free Member

I’ve noticed this before with some Endura shorts. There seems to be several different types of liners, with the Clickfast poppers in different places. So they don’t match up with some models of outer shorts. Plus the sizing can vary between models, or between different versions of the same model.

You can just wear them with the lines underneath, but not clicked in – it works fine, and maybe more comfortable.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

After finaly giving up with them I sent Spesh an e-mail saying their hubs were compeltely useless.

Got an e-mail back saying my comments had been passed onto their designers. No idea if they did anythign about them though.

Speshpaul

1st off contact endura they are generally helpful chaps.
    2nd, buy they baggies but not the liners and get some good bib shorts.
    MUCH more comfortable.

maccruiskeen

Got an e-mail back saying my comments had been passed onto their designers. No idea if they did anythign about them though.

I remember a story on B3ta from a guy who’d written to the producers of “The Bill” complaining about the introduction of a new character, basically asking who she’d had to blow to get the part as her acting was so awful. Sometime later he notices an incident board in the background of a shot with a list of names on it – including his – which is circled in red and has an arrow pointing to it saying ‘known pedophile’

Theres a similar incident board in the specialized design office 🙂

gonzy
    Free Member

i’ve got a pair of Endura singletracks in a small size and you’re right that when the liner and outer short are fastened together, the fit doesnt seem right. it doesnt bother me as i tend to use them unfastened so i can pull the liner up over my love handles simon cowell style.

kcal

Is it possible the fit of the inner is mis-aligned with the cut of the shorts?

e.g. I tried on a pair of Endura MT500s a while back. Small shorts IIRC – waist was fine. As for the inners that came with them – no chance! way too small, couldn’t get the inners on..

just wondering..

maccruiskeen

Just cuts down the choices, finding something in XS is tough enough – Short and Small and Good, pick two.

Have you tried Small Petite Klein?

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Ha not even remotely in the right colours for this seasons trail bear!
    Sent the email and got a reply about how many they’d sold.
    Clearly people are good at just getting on with it leaving them in the position of not knowing where it’s going wrong.
    Oddly on the sizing guide on the web site. They don’t even feature a leg length?! Even tall people need to know how long stuff is not just small folk.
    Now I’m just baffled as even pearl Izumi have hon bonkers in the arse region or lack of it.
    Might be easier to change the wife.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Reporting faults and design flaws’ is closed to new replies.