Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Reporting drivers on mobiles.
  • cfinnimore
    Free Member

One of these situations occurred very early this morning:
    My thoughts-
    “Are you planning on indicating sir?”
    “No?”
    “How about reversing into that T-Junction a bit”?
    “No?”
    “Aren’t you paying attention”?

HOOOOOOOOONNNNNK!

Chap in question was quite away with himself in a mobile chat.

Criemstoppers or local station with registration and other details, or is there a special Government telephone number for such things?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Pissing in the wind is probably more productive.

Cougar

I’d really love it if there were a national ‘driving like a tw@’ hotline.

elzorillo
    Free Member

How did you speak to him if he was driving??

cfinnimore
    Free Member

The bits in quotation marks were my thoughts.

The only words said aloud just end up like this on here> ******* mother******* **** cockfostering ****hole.

I’d have enjoyed it if the retard behind the wheel did just go “HOOOOOOOOONK” instead of using his Fiesta horn.*paraaaap*

wwaswas

sussex police have an anti-social driving web page you can register this sort of thing on.

I think they write to the culprit the first time and then visit for follow up accusations.

Nonsense
    Free Member

If every single driver was prosecuted on the say so of a single stranger things would get a little silly. By all means report it but what exactly do you expect to happen?

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I don’t expect anything to happen. I wouldn’t be so presumptuous. I wasn’t planning on sending the nob to court either.

In my opinion it’s in the same category as dobbing in the person leaving the pub, pissed, car keys in hand.

Nonsense indeed.

coffeeking
    Free Member

The police won’t take a jot of notice because you could be talking nonsense because you don’t like someone and there’s no proof of anything but your word.

In my opinion it’s in the same category as dobbing in the person leaving the pub, pissed, car keys in hand.

Not entirely sure about your judgement on that.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I think I inadvertently called my own ridiculous opinion nonsense there :-).

Goes away,thinks,comes back.

Infuriated cause, you’re right, F all we can do.

kimbers

id really like some stickers that say ‘CYCLISTS BEWARE- BAD DRIVER’ or something similar

i could whack on cars that particularly endanger me while cycling, mobile use is often a factor

KonaTC

coffeeking – Member
    The police won’t take a jot of notice because you could be talking nonsense because you don’t like someone and there’s no proof of anything but your word.

Not if you flag a ploice car down driving the other way and point out that the car behind drivers is on their mobile phone.

It took a blast of siren to grab their attention, phoned up later to ask (I had the officers number) what happened 3 points and £60 – result

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Goody, Kona.

stumpyjon

Just use your phone to take a picture of the other driver, job done, obviously need to take a photo of your own speedo immediately after to prove he was moving at the time.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Not if you flag a ploice car down driving the other way and point out that the car behind drivers is on their mobile phone.

It took a blast of siren to grab their attention, phoned up later to ask (I had the officers number) what happened 3 points and £60 – result
    I’m not sure I understand the mechanism by which you flagged down a passing police person and the car behind (if I’m not wrong) didn’t see this and immediately put their phone down. And you stopped and got the PC’s number too? Baffled. I normally just take extra care around people driving while phoning and get on with my day but I suppose if you’ve nothing better to do then why not.

br
    Free Member

Commuting on a m/c in/through London when I came up behind someone on their mobile, I’d ‘honk’ as I overtook – they’d take a sideways look, and drop their phone.

along with a flourescent jacket, worked a treat 🙂

elzorillo
    Free Member

Wow.. some real crime busters on here 🙄

Whatever next.. car drivers making citizens arrest on cyclists going through red lights?

Not condoning using a mobile whilst driving but ffs.. get a life.

Bez

Not condoning using a mobile whilst driving but ffs.. get a life.

Get a life? Mate of mine lost his to a driver on the phone.

So personally I don’t see a problem with dobbing in people driving in ways that can easily end up with you or me or any of our mates in the gutter.

Local police forces will take info. I would imagine a time, location and reg number would be sufficient. Round here I believe the 101 number works, not sure if it’s nationwide.

molgrips
    Free Member

Cameras in cars.

irc

The difference being that if the police find a drunk driver within an hour or two he won’t have sobered up while a driver on the phone will have finished his call.

A still photo by itself may not be enough to convict either. It needs to be proved that the “phone” was a phone, was in working order, and was being used. Easy(ish) if the driver is stopped at the time by the police but more tricky if interviewed later.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/7366887.stm

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Should’ve turned on the grump filter before I OP’d. Surprised to find a nark i’ve never met before.

I’ve been accosted many times by members of the public for things they disagree with, but are not against the law.

Chatting on le telephone, while driving, is.

*Roundabouts*!!!

Bez

A still photo by itself may not be enough to convict either.

A dob-in on its own wouldn’t get a conviction, but it’d be there on record. There was a recent study that showed – somewhat unsurprisingly – that drivers who use phones are dangerous in general, rather than just the phone use being dangerous, so if they get pulled for other offences then evidence such as this will stack up.

Well. I hope so, anyway.

Hadge
    Free Member

I was waiting at pedestrian crossing today for the light change so I could walk across. I looked down the road and saw a Mazda RX going very slow towards the crossing. The lights changed and me a woman crossed over and the Mazda came straight onto the crossing and I had to bang on the bonnet to attract the drives attention as she was about to hit me and the woman – guess what – the woman driver was texting on her phone! Her young daughter in the car in the front passenger street was screaming at her mum who proceeded to panic as it dawned on her what she was doing. I went to the passenger window and had a right go at her and said I’d a good mind get the police as the woman I was crossing with wasn’t too pleased either. I really hate drivers who use their phones while driving.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Hadge, you seem like the kind of goodfellow who would appreciate a beer!

Trying to flog me your mates Trannies while ear-bashing shatty drivers & chivalrously saving ladies!

Good dual posting sir!

molgrips
    Free Member

It needs to be proved that the “phone” was a phone, was in working order, and was being used.

If someone is shown talking into a device held to the ear, is that not sufficient evidence of using a phone?

If I were fitting a camera it would be zoomed in to an area of space through which drivers coming the other way pass. You’d catch a fair few that way I reckon. Might need some kind of license though 🙂

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Reporting drivers on mobiles.’ is closed to new replies.