Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replacing stairs -any good companies out there (Midlands)
  • djflexure

Want to replace our knackered stairs with something in wood when we extend later this year.

Its a 60’s house and the staircase is a simple L’ shape arrangement.

This is the bit that may cause a problem: We have two steel poles running floor to ceiling instead of newel posts. At least one of these is structural. Gobsmakingly ugly. In fact I thought it was scaffolding when I first looked at the house.

Ideally these poles would be hidden/ clad by the new wooden newel posts. Don’t really want to remove them. Builder just suggested we contact Richard Burbidge and then he would install what they provide. Had a look and don’t fancy them.

Can anybody suggest a Midlands based outfit who might do this sort of thing. Google brings up several companies but its hard to pick a winner.

hammyuk
    Free Member
    djflexure

That looks good – thanks very much!

wrightyson
    Free Member

If burbridge do quote then make sure the **** measurements are right on all 10 flights for 5 town houses I built a few years ago prior to them being delivered!!!
    Local joiner Derby/Notts area we use is elliot boam.

colournoise

Depends whereabouts in the Midlands you are. Rockingham Joinery near Corby have done a few bespoke staircases that look pretty good quality. Not sure on their prices. Bloke that owns it is a pretty decent rider too.

djflexure

Cheers that looks nice – we need some doors too so might work out. About 40 miles away S Bham.
    Boam – will investigate that too; looks very tidy – thanks

TheDTs
    Free Member

Met this guy a few months ago. Flat pack stairs.
    Kwik Stairs

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Replacing stairs -any good companies out there (Midlands)’ is closed to new replies.