Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • replacing Planet X wheeling bearings
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

Reetard wheels with cartridge bearings. How do I get the bearings out? Just whack the axle or is the outer cap threaded? Does the freehub just fall of or does that need some clever tool. Crap things, no more than 600 miles of gravel bashing and they are clapped.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Crap things, no more than 600 miles of gravel bashing and they are clapped.

Completely agree with that. I bought a set of a57 road wheels for commuting. First set of bearings last 500 miles, less than 3 weeks commuting, contacted planet x, they replaced them free of charge but whinged about it a bit first.

Refitted them and the rear went after less than 500 this time. Threw them in the bin – they’re shite and its the best place for them.

I’ve had loads of different wheels, shimano, mavic, etc on my commuter and the rims always wear before the hubs. Those wheels weren’t fit for purpose.

Sorry I can’t be more helpful with replacing the bearings but can only advise that you chuck the wheels where they deserve to be.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Not going to get any joy with PX as they are over a year old, just been used as winter wheels. Bearings out, just whack them, now wondering how to get the freehub off although it does look very much like an old cheapy I have that has a pressed on freehub.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘replacing Planet X wheeling bearings’ is closed to new replies.