• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by poah.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replacing Hope Tech X2 with SLX or XT
  • nolan
    Free Member

Currently running Hope Tech x2 brakes with 180 front and rear. Fine for the UK but I find the rear brake overheating and losing all power on longer alpine descents. Thinking of replacing with SLX or XT. Are they much better than the Hopes and is there much difference between XT and SLX other than price?

Also is it worth changing the rotors as well?

DickBarton

I’m about to post something I never thought I would…
    Same set up as you and I’ve replaced with XT…and they are so much better…in all conditions.

SLX on the other bike…also very good but lever feel/action not as smooth as XT, but just as powerful.

Very good brakes.

DickBarton

Double post

t-p26
    Free Member

Just upgraded SLX to XT on one bike making SLX available for the other. Sold HOPE mono minis to pay for XTs which are more consistent in their feel(as are SLX )

endurokid
    Free Member

I posted a similar thread a few months ago, I did have the following:

Hope Tech M4, braided hoses with 203 / 180 floating rotors.

I now run XT with 200 / 180 Ice Tech rotors and dare I say it, I’m actually much happier with the XT, so much so, I deciced to run SLX on the hardtail which are just as good.

I’ve only been running them for a few months but so far so good.

One of my main concerns was having to run a seperate clamp for my SRAM shifter, but some kind soul on here posted a link for a ‘mis-match’ adaptor meaning I can run Shimano brakes with my SRAM shifter, feels and looks better with the one clamp.

ticsmon

slx just voted best brakes in MBUK mag. Got them myself, never had any problems easy to bleed and powerful. People say deore are almost as good though. Depends how much you wanna spend.

SirHC

Considered replacing the callipers with e4 (4pot)? If you like the feel of the brake, makes more sense imho

poah
    Free Member

get zee

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Replacing Hope Tech X2 with SLX or XT’ is closed to new replies.