Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replacing hob ring element – how to?
  • cakefest
    Free Member

We’ve got a Siemens glass hob and the back left ring element looks like it’s gone. All the others come on except that one.

The oven is underneath the worktop with the hob in so it looks like the best way to take a look would be to switch off power then lift the hob. Then I’ll need the relevant part.

Anyone got any clues on how I can go about sorting this out? And where to get parts from?

donks
    Free Member

Interspares do most replacement elements and if you take care on removing the old one (with hob isolated)I reckon re-installing a new one should be ok….if you have not an ounce of electrical know how then maybe leave this alone.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Just looks for serial numbers e.t.c on the hob write them down, then take it apart, take to spare parts shop so you can compare the bit you buy to the bit you have!

Or try a online site. This looks like it has a good selection and list model / serial numbers, but of course you will miss the opportunity to check / speak to someone like you would at a shop.

http://www.espares.co.uk/parts/cookers-and-hobs/elements/siemens/p/1595/161

Pay someone who’ll do it correctly and safely – won’t cost that much if you put it into perspective.

TheBrick
    Free Member

As donks say safe isolation, 1st rule of electrical work, never assume because you’ve flicked the switch it’s isolated, check with GS38 testing device, never leave live part exposed and switch unattended e.t.c.

cakefest
    Free Member

ok, thanks for the tips. looks like a job for Mr Sparky.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Replacing hob ring element – how to?’ is closed to new replies.