Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Replacing car headlight bulbs with LEDs..talk to me
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

To be honest that’s not an article – it’s more like an (old) advert.
    Beam shots didn’t even look very impressive – get Trout on the case!

the_lecht_rocks

Ordered my new car with LED headlights, cost £795 as an option .

cr500dom
    Free Member

Sharkbait I presume you are referring to this bit :

Milkie – Member

New MOT Law says:
    Where HID or LED dipped beam headlamps are fitted the tester will switch on the headlamps and check the operation of any headlamp levelling and cleaning devices fitted.

The car will fail if a headlamp levelling or cleaning device is inoperative or otherwise obviously defective.

If you haven’t got it, it can’t be checked… So does this mean you can have HID’s without self levelling and cleaning? Not sure.

Rockhopper – Thats exactly what it means – if fitted they must work but you don’t have to retro fit.

Rockhopper still misses the point.

HID`s and LED Headlights where fitted MUST be fitted with self levelling systems and Washers.
    MUST be fitted in order to comply with homologation requirements.
    All factory fitted HID / LED lighting systems have these systems in place.
    Therefore if they are not fitted, but the car has HID /Xenon look bulbs, then it will fail, because they are not factory fit Lighting and not road legal.

If it has HID`s it MUST have self levelling and washers.
    Its an easy spot for the testers

DS lightings site was written a while ago, but the information contained within is still very valid for anyone with Halogen bulbs (Especially on older VW`s which suffer huge voltage drop before the bulbs)

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Replacing car headlight bulbs with LEDs..talk to me’ is closed to new replies.