Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • replacing a stiffee
  • lock
    Free Member

someone has made me an offer on my cove stiffee,its a little worn now but still solid and i wasnt thinking of selling it ,but its got me thinking,

i know there are some great hardcore hardtails and great trail/xc hardtails but is there a better one to do them both under 28lbs

i wouldnt mind trying somthing new out but i cant think of one which might be as good all rounder as the stiffee

Gooner
    Free Member

pace rc305 or chameleon?

i had a stiffee but did nt like it so i built a pace

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Looking at the new Ragley Mmmbop?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Rear brake hose routing on that Pace is horrendous 😯

lock
    Free Member

yeh been looking at the pace

Vortexracing

I bought an DB Alpine because I was bothered about breaking my Cotic Soul, on the jumpy stuff (BMX tracks etc).

Only now after a bit of headscratching and tinterweb surfing i think I have found the ideal solution and wish i had done this rather than have the two hardtails.

'A Curtis Freeride' with a decent set of 140mm forks. (revs or Pikes would be my opinion)

only just a bit heavier than a Soul but according to Gary at Curtis, they are built strong.

Only problem is they are £750.

TheSanityAssassin

Replace a stiffee?

Just wait an hour and there'll be another one along…

si_brodiebikes
    Free Member

Chumba HX1? Will take up to 160mm, runs best with 140mm, builds typically to around 27lb. Has EBB for singlespeed duties if needs be, and pretty rare, which is nice 😉

heihei

Sold my Stiffee when I bought a Ti 456. Whilst I'm very happy with the trade, I occaisionally miss the outright hooliganism of the Stiffee! Brilliant bike!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i'm more or less decided that i'm gonna sell my stiffee and replace with a ragley blue pig.

MrAgreeable

What exactly is it that you don't like? Head angle too slack, BB too high, no EBB creaking away every time you pedal? 😉

If you can't put your finger on what's wrong with it then I'd stick with it.

lock
    Free Member

the curtis is nice but just silly money.

its not a caseof not liking the stiffe,ive had it a few years and just like riding owning differant bikes

OrangeChammy
    Free Member

Got to be a chameleon. Pretty similar to Stiffee, feels a bit better all round than a stiffee, which is massive fun on way down but maybe not as good on way up. Plus chameleon is tough as nails… best hardtail I have ever had in 16+ years of riding, would never part with it!

Only downside it is short and a little more of a handful on descents, which makes it even more fun IMO

craig1975
    Free Member

Ive owned and regrettably sold a Stiffee but now have a chameleon, I agree the Chameleon is tuff as nails, I have grate fun on it….well for about 2 hours then it kills my back…. so in my case it's defo. not an all dayer

Keep the frame Cu's you will regret selling it

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘replacing a stiffee’ is closed to new replies.