Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Replacing a pivot / SUNN bikes
  • bushbiker
    Free Member

Hi everyone

I need to replace a suspension pivot on a SUNN Shamman S1, 2011. This is provin difficult. It is difficult to ascertain what has happened with SUNN – from little bits of info on the internet it seems they had financial troubles again and signed a deal with LOOK for them to take over distribution of all SUNN bikes.
    However the SUNN web site is down, look don’t respond to emails and all the LOOK dealers I have contacted in the UK are not able to access SUNN parts.

Does anyone have any advice on how to contact SUNN / LOOK – or alternatively, what I can do to replace the anxle on the bottom most pivot of the back suspension?

Many thanks

Jhn Chettleborough

amedias
    Free Member

Been there with Sunn the first time years ago round when my old Duall needed a rebuild…nightmare to try and get the parts!

If you don’t have any luck sourcing the bits (ring EVERY shop that you know has ever stocked Sunn on the offcehance) then I suggest taking your bike and the pivot to a local fabricator for a chat, and get a couple of spares made, not normally expensive if you talk to the right people, and you cna often end up with better/more durable bits than they came with 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Replacing a pivot / SUNN bikes’ is closed to new replies.