Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replacing a component on a cooker hood control board
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

I’ve got a cooker hood that stopped working at the weekend. On inspection a component has blown on the control board that’s connected to the switch unit.

Unfortunately I can only find the switch panel and control board as a spare part online which is £112 (it was an expensive cooker hood!). I’ve called the supplier and the control board isn’t available separately, even though it is for other hoods and only £20.

I can see one component on the board which is blown so it it possible to get this component replaced?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Anyone?

sam_underhill

Identify the component, go to maplin an buy the part, which will likely be pennies. Unsolder the old part, resolder the new on into the same place. Job done. Fixed my washing machine, which had a blown capacitor, it cost me 79p and an couple of hours of my time.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Well that sounds like a plan although my soldering skills aren’t great so I’d probably be best getting a man with soldering skills to do it for me.

Its got a load of numbers on it so would maplin identify the part from those numbers?

sam_underhill

They used to have a desk at the back in maplins where you could find a knowledgeable person. Increasingly I find general sales peeps who will be able to get the component from a box if you ask for exactly the right thing. But it’s well worth a try.

Gary_M
    Free Member

okay, cheers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Replacing a component on a cooker hood control board’ is closed to new replies.