Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Replacing 07 Stumpy FSR frame.
  • andylux
    Free Member

I currently ride an 07 Stumjumper FSR Expert (Brain Shock) which I have heavily upgraded, Pikes, Deus Cranks, Pro 2/ 5.1d wheels, All Mountain Tyres etc.

I Plan to buy a new frame and the list is

SC Heckler
    Orange 5
    Commie Meta 5
    SC Blur LT2.

I appreciate the importance of demoing prior to purchasing.

I wonder whether any other forum users have made the similar upgrade and how did the find the change in frames.

I ride in the peaks, N & S Wales Centres, Chicksands and the occasional polaris etc.

I’m leaning towards the Orange Five as I like the idea of a low maintenance single pivot after the Stumpies bearing munching antics!!

Your experiences and views are greatfully recieved.

andylux
    Free Member

Thanks for that Giz, I have considered a 575 but due to the fact that my bike tends to spend a fair bit of the ride sliding across rocks on the frame after an unplanned dismount, I wasn’t sure whether that gorgeous carbon back end would fancy mating with a rock!

Top deal though.

rich-6
    Free Member

I went from the same frame as you to a Heckler, Fantastic

Much better and way more fun, not as fast on the uphills though

druidh
    Free Member

I went from an ’05 Stumpy FSR to a Meta 5 – and I’m glad. The Meta climbs better – it seems to always give traction at the rear end – and descends better too. I was always fiddling with the front and rear suspension on the Stumpy. With the Meta, I never think about it – it just works. Looking at your build, I’d say you’d taken the Stumpy into a more “burly” role than it was originally targeted at. The Meta (and, I’m sure, others on your list) would seem to be more what you’re trying to achieve.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Replacing 07 Stumpy FSR frame.’ is closed to new replies.