Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Replacements bearings for Hope BB
  • stayhigh

Morning All,

After changing my cranks from Sram to XT I needed to remove the Sram adapter from the NDS bearing however as this has been pressed in I’ve decided to just change the bearings for nice new ones.

AFAIK the Hope bearings are 24x37x7 so would I be right in thinking that THESE would be a suitable replacement or would these be better due to the higher ABEC rating?

While I’m at it should there be an OUTER SEAL on both sides as there was only one on the NDS which is sandwiched between the Sram adapters…

Replacement Hope bearings are around £15 but I would still need to get seals which wouls take it to £17/side where as these would work out at £14 give or take.

Is there anything else I need to know or think about before ordering or a better source to look at?

Thanks all 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

Chromium is not stainless. Hope are stainless

Stainless bearings for bb really are worth paying for and ceramics are worth the serious hike

I have stopped buying the cheap ones now as my stainless outlast the shimano ones by quite a way- and ive never replaced any of my ceramics in over 10 years 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Replacements bearings for Hope BB’ is closed to new replies.