• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Replacement rim / wheel following destruction
  • twonks

As some may have read, I totalled my front wheel in a crash this weekend.

Whilst I recover physically I’m already setting about buying new bits to replace the broken.

I’m struggling with the front wheel and would like some opinions if I may.

As was the bike is a SC superlight with 120 sids up front (15mm through axle).

I ride mainly XC centre orientated trails and local woods. Cannock and Sherwood are typical and we have a week in Snowdonia every year (August)

Up until I did the bike park at Sherwood (and crashed) there hasn’t really been any jumping as such, other than natural hucks etc as part of a trail / ride.

At 230lb I am not light, but the existing Wheelpro bought Hope ProII and Stans 355 rims have stood up very well.

I am a little bit reluctant to go with a Crest replacement rim as I’m not sure it would e strong enough – but I don’t really want to go to the rotational weight addition of a Flow.

Is there anybody riding on Crests at a similar weight and riding style to moi, or should I just suck it up and get a Flow – or AN other rim?

Running tubeless if it helps, but not tied to it.

Ta muchly 🙂

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Replacement rim / wheel following destruction’ is closed to new replies.