Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Replacement rear glass for iPhone. eBay?
  • one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Well and truly shattered the battery cover on my iPhone 4S. There are approximately a million auctions on eBay for “genuine” replacement rear glasses however for a fiver posted I’m not imagining these are genuine apple products and I’m wondering what the quality is like or if anyone can recommend a retailer that actually has a quality replacement.

Thanks in advance.

P.s. Bah humbug and merry new year! 😀

AlasdairMc

They’re all much the same. Even if not genuine they’ll still fit

tomhoward

I got mine fixed at ‘insert generic back street phone shop’ while I waited for £20 I think, pretty sure it’s not genuine but I’m buggered if I can tell the difference.

bearnecessities

That’s an unusual authenticity guarantee!

wysiwyg
    Free Member

No such this as a genuine apple anything unless it’s from apple.

Oh and they’re all brittle so but the cheapest. About £2

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Incredibly easy to change, make sure you get the appropriate tools as well (just two screws to undo plus the “sucker” makes it easy).

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

I hate to think what Apple would charge! Would an actual apple one be any less brittle? Me and phones and gravity don’t go together…

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Apple ones definitely have thicker proper “gorilla” glass, but pretty sure they charge £25 for the pleasure. Cheapy DIY, buy 2 and save on postage.

CountZero

I hate to think what Apple would charge! Would an actual apple one be any less brittle? Me and phones and gravity don’t go together…

Avoiding dropping it would help.
    Fitting a basic wrap-around clear plastic case, like the Belkin one Apple gave away after the ‘grip-gate’ fiasco would also help, as it takes any impact away from the glass. My iP4 has been dropped a number of times, and the case shows the scars. The phone, which also has front-rear protection films on, looks brand new after nearly four years continual use.
    Costs are minimal, and save lots of hassle.
    Here you go, £1.68 from dabs.com
    http://www.dabs.com/products/sandberg-hard-back-case-clear-iphone-4-8TZB.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc%20product%20search&utm_content=Q200&utm_campaign=Computing%20-%20Smartphones%20and%20PDAs%20-%20Accessories&origin=pla

Cougar

Have you tried chancing your arm at an Apple store?

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Avoiding dropping it would help.

It’s been dropped hundreds of times, it just happened that this time it had was out of its Lifeproof case for the first time in 9months! Flippin’ typical! Phones survived nearly a tYear of being in the desert with me and broke the day I had it out of aforementioned case when it came out my suit pocket trying the avoid being run over by some daft bint in a car park!

Haven’t tried apple yet as it requires a trip in to Birmingham and I didn’t want a wasted trip if it was going to be mega bucks!

CountZero

It’s been dropped hundreds of times, it just happened that this time it had was out of its Lifeproof case for the first time in 9months! Flippin’ typical! Phones survived nearly a tYear of being in the desert with me and broke the day I had it out of aforementioned case when it came out my suit pocket trying the avoid being run over by some daft bint in a car park!

Ouch! That’s a bastard, that is. 😐
    Sorry for jumping to a conclusion, I see so many people with case-less phones, with smashed screens, that I’d mistakenly assumed yours was. Apologies for that. I dropped my brand-new iP5 shortly after getting it, and watched it somersault down a steep country lane. Fortunately I had a case like that one I posted, while waiting for a Lunatik case to arrive, and it only got a tiny ding on the bottom. Good luck getting it sorted. 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Replacement rear glass for iPhone. eBay?’ is closed to new replies.