Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Replacement phones from Apple stores
  • Duane…
    Free Member

Hi all,

My iPhone 4S is playing up, so thinking I’ll pay the £140 to replace it with a “new” one from an Apple store, and then stick it straight on ebay.

Does anyone know if the replacements come with a box/cable/headphones etc etc? Or do they just hand you the phone?

They have a 90day warranty right?

Ta, Duane.

jam-bo

white box, no accessories.

z1ppy

What wrong with it?
    If it’s just software, have you tried reseting it in itunes, and restoring from backup (obviously back it up 1st).

But yes, as per Jambo’s post – just the phone is replaced.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

How old is it?

Duane…
    Free Member

Bluetooth and wifi don’t work. Not sure how old, good few years (I got it second hand).

z1ppy

Wouldn’t hurt to reset it anyway, but that doesn’t sound software related (to me.. no expert.. ask him above)

My iPhone 4S is playing up, so thinking I’ll pay the £140 to replace it with a “new” one from an Apple store, and then stick it straight on ebay.

Little lost on this, as you know you have to hand the old phone over to Apple to get the re-con unit? So unless you’ve flappy birds installed (WTF?) a 4S only sells for around £140 on ebay, you only going to lose money? (fee’s)

Duane…
    Free Member

Will try a reset, but yeah, not too hopeful..

It’s an unlocked 32GB, have seen them go for around £200 on ebay, but yeah, not much to be made. But won’t get much at all selling it in it’s current state.

z1ppy

Not sure that the recon units provided are necessarily the same size you already have. I’d enquire 1st… but yes that makes sense, if they are 🙂

wysiwyg
    Free Member

You’ve got a loose screw on the wifi ground if you want to save £140 I’d try nipping that up

And it will be a like for like replacement.

chico66
    Free Member

Fried wifi chip is a pretty common fault. Happened to mine, I was nice and polite when I took mine in and ended up with a replacement but mine was just over a year old

wysiwyg
    Free Member

If the wifi/Bluetooth box is greyed out then I agree with Chico., or at least needs the solder re flowing.

Duane…
    Free Member

wysiwyg – you think that’s all it is? It’s not just poor signal/not picking anything up, the Wifi button is greyed out, and the bluetooth just searches forever without finding anything.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

IC chip. Unless you know anyone with a hot air station. I’d eBay spares repairs it

jam-bo

seeing as there are some in the know here.

got a 4S with a smashed screen and could do with a new battery.

Better to fixed and sell or sell as is for someone with fiddly skills to fix up themselves.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

With smashed screen and poor battery, youre looking at £60 ish, fixed which i’d charge £40 returned youre looking at £140

jam-bo

interesting. Can you email me some more details. email in profile.

Jamie
    Free Member

Well, if we’re all getting quotes.

iPhone 4. Typical knacked power button. Currently bodged to just about work, but needs the assembly to be replaced properly. Also, iPhone occasionally defaults to routing the audio through the headphone jack, even when no headphones plugged in. This may be a software issues, though.

Cheers.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Just leaving work. Will hit everyone up after I’ve been to PO to returns some phones

wysiwyg
    Free Member

All mailed

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I was thinking about an iPhone next time round when it comes time for a new phone, but this threads put me right off

monkeychild
    Free Member

Why??? I’m on my 2nd incarnation of iPhones and I would have another. They are built better than the plastic Samsung crap.

Jamie
    Free Member

I was thinking about an iPhone next time round when it comes time for a new phone, but this threads put me right off

May I advise you stay off the internet. You may never buy anything ever again.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

If they go faulty within two years apple replace it, if its faulty outside 2 years, you’re not keeping up in with the arms tech race 😉

Daffy

Boba Fatt – Member

I’ve owned every model of iPhone (except the 5c) and have NEVER had a fault with any of them.

Duane…
    Free Member

wysiwyg, would you be interested in fixing my phone? If so, how much do you think it’d cost?

Thanks,
    Duane.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I can certainly take a look. If it’s a hardware fault with the main board it’s not a good result.

But you’re more than welcome to send it to me and I’ll diagnose and send it back for a tenner. Only if I do any fitting or need parts will there be any cost.

Howsat?

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Replacement phones from Apple stores’ is closed to new replies.