Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replacement parts for DT XM1501 and E1700 wheels
  • gaidong
    Free Member

Dear STW,

I’m ordering some spare parts in from Germany in advance of rim failure on a couple of sets of wheels: DT Swiss XM1501s and E1700s in 27.5″ flavour. I’ve looked on the DT Swiss website but couldn’t find this level of detail.

A previous post link established that the exact replacement rim for the XM1501 wheel was the XM401. I want to order some spare spokes too, but what type are they, Champion, Competition, Competition Race? Gauge? I understand the hub is a 350, right?

For the E1700 wheels, I’d be curious to know what the exact rim replacement was but was thinking of going all out with the FR570. Does the E1700 have the 350 hub too? Just to recalculate spoke lengths.

Cheers,
    Gaidong

gaidong
    Free Member

***edit*** I just counted and my E1700s have 28 spokes each and the FR570s are for 32 spokes. So, what is the exact replacement for E1700 rims please?!

jimw
    Free Member

The Hubs on the 1501’s are not exacly the same as 350’s, they are spline hubs-two parts bonded together- with 240/350 internals.
    According to the DT Swiss website the spokes for the1501’s are competition straight pull, the spoke lengths should be printed somewhere on the rim

The details of gauge is on their website https://www.dtswiss.com/Components/Spokes/DT-competition-straightpull
    When buying replacement nipples don’t forget to buy the proper DT Pro Lock Squorx ones with the dished washers otherwise the rims will be ruined

gaidong
    Free Member

Thanks very much Jim. I’d be looking at ordering DT Swiss spokes here (link) but it doesn’t seem to specify the exact nipple supplied.

jimw
    Free Member
    tomaso
    Free Member

Actionsport.de are very helpful and knowledgable wheelbuilders and stock most things DT

hatter

The E1700’s use the 28 hole E 512 rim, Madison code RE51228BK650. They’re standard eyeletted rims so don’t need special nipples or washers,

The old XM 1501’s (2-piece hubs) use XM 401 rims but if you fancy going wider the new XM 421 rims are available and are only 0.5 mm deeper so you should be able to use the same spokes. They use the PHR system and come with the nipple and washers included.

The both the E1700’s and the XM 1501’s use comp spokes.

Most of the 27.5″ straight pull alloy wheelsets use 284mm straight pull spokes front and rear Most Madison dealers will have DT Tech book that details all the spoke lengths for the current wheels.

Or,.. you could contact the U.K service, centre, TFtuned who’ll be able to get the proper logo’ed up replacement rims and all the correct bits and rebuild them for you.

Hope that helps.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Also worth noting the E512 rim is basically a cheap version of the EX471, so if you want to replace the rim for something better & reuse the spokes, then that might not be a bad shout.

gaidong
    Free Member

Thanks so much all, let’s get the shopping list sorted!

Gaidong

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Replacement parts for DT XM1501 and E1700 wheels’ is closed to new replies.