Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replacement pads for shimano RS685 brakes?? F01A
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Cant seem to find anything apart from the genuine shimano ones..
    Anything cheaper??

Mister-P
    Free Member

Anything that fits current XTR / XT / SLX / Deore will fit into the callipers.

jimw
    Free Member

To be honest I don’t bother with anything but Shimano ones- they are not hugely more expensive, they seem to last for ages and they work very well. I am happy to pay a bit extra to fit and forget rather than do what I have done in the past with other brake systems where I spent ages trying out alternatives, never found one that suited and ended up with branded again ( Hope )

turboferret

I replaced the stock Shimano pads on my RS785 brakes with Superstar and won’t be doing so again when they wear out. Power and feel isn’t anywhere as good as the OEM pads.

Cheers, Rich

Dibbs
    Free Member

To be honest I don’t bother with anything but Shimano ones- they are not hugely more expensive, they seem to last for ages and they work very well. I am happy to pay a bit extra to fit and forget

+1 I did try the Shimano Metal version but found them really noisy and not much harder wearing, I won’t be using them again.

cloudnine
    Free Member
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Replacement pads for shimano RS685 brakes?? F01A’ is closed to new replies.