Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replacement Nukeproof mega rear skewer/ dt swiss rws
  • rlawrie23
    Free Member

Left my rws skewer for my Nukeproof mega in the car park yesterday at bonaly reservoir.

Since CRC and Nukeproof have not replied but I want to get out on the bike soon so I would like to source a replacement very soon.

Anyone know where I can get one, or an alternative?

kayak23

I’m guessing this one will fit. Guessing mind.. .

stumpy01

What’s the rws skewer? Is it the dt one that’s like a thick qr with a ratchet handle on the end that you turn, rather than a cam system?
    I don’t think it is, as I think it will be more beefy, but Superstar do replacement rws skewers I think.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Standard 135 x 12mm Maxle or Maxle lite will fit also fit (and work better in my opinion) but are not cheap.

Mugboo

It’s a maxle. I meant to try the one off my Wolf Ridge while I had both frames but forgot!

rlawrie23
    Free Member

Yes its a dt swiss RWS axle that is standard on the mega. It simply screws into place, without the clamping action of a maxle.
    I can find many dt swiss rws skewers in 12mm size but they are all 142mm and I need 135mm.

stumpy01

Like this?

http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=32&products_id=405

Only got it in red, but cheap so you can get one to get you up & running…?

stumpy01
    scary_carey
    Free Member

I’d recommend the Superstar one. I over tightened the DT one stripped the teeth off the lever, was going to replace like for like till I saw the price :/
    If you plumb for the Superstar one don;t forget to take an 8mm allen key with you when you go riding

soobalias
    Free Member

superstar link says it does not replace a maxle?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Replacement Nukeproof mega rear skewer/ dt swiss rws’ is closed to new replies.