Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • replacement jockey wheels – BBB or Tacx ?
  • iainc

My tacx non ceramics ones are done, just popped in a set of BBB BDP12 ceramics. Need to order a new set for my parts bin, as running same stuff on a few bikes.

So what is the opinion on which are best/last longer ?

the BBB’s are £18 at Wiggle and the Tacx non ceramics (which I had in) are £16.

Thanks

jimc101
    Free Member

Would stick with Shimano/SRAM (What ever your RD’s currently are), unless going for Hope or MtZoom, not used Tacx, but had a pair of BBB’s lasted about 3 rides before they were scrap.

iainc

currently on XT mech, but hard to find replacement Shimano ones. The Tacx ones that I have taken out have been in for about a year (on hardtail so sees all the muck) and while teeth still ok, the lower one has no bearing left !

hambl90
    Free Member

I just fitted some tacx ones on my bike were about a tenner on the bay.
    Sealed bearings too.

iainc

Thanks, the BBB ceramics that I have just popped in are ones I bought a while back, but I have no experience of their longevity. The Tacx ones I wore out are £12.80 on Dotbike

Matt24k
    Free Member

I’ve used both but now stick to the BBB ceramics. They have been pretty much a fit and forget item for me. By that I mean that I forget how long they have been fitted for because it was over a year ago and they were still going strong.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Easy to find!

The XT and above ones have a ceramic bush in the guide pulley. They take a very long time to wear out, provided you don’t get happy with the GT85 every 5 minutes..

iainc

Bikewhisperer, thanks for that, and it linked the stw previous threads. Think will buy the BBB ones

iainc

with ceramic ones – do they still benefit from a regular squirt of chain lube ?

crotchrocket
    Free Member

KCMC FTW!

iainc: I think a wipe of grease might be better than chain lube

reedspeed
    Free Member

whats wrong with the Hope ones ??

iainc

Never tried the Hope ones. Most reccomendations seem to be BBB or Tacx so that’s what directed me last yet.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘replacement jockey wheels – BBB or Tacx ?’ is closed to new replies.