Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Replacement frame recommendations for beloved carbon covert…..
  • ti456neal
    Free Member

Morning all,
    I’ve got the ‘time for a new frame’ feeling and I don’t really know where to start looking.
    Obvious replacement would be the transition patrol, which I love the look of, but it’s a fair bit heavier than the carbon covert. Heard various rumours of a carbon patrol in the pipeline, but nothing definate.
    New frame would be 650b of course, and most if not all of my riding is aggressive trail (I’m trying not to use the enduro word here) so looking 150-160mm travel. Nice long top tube is a bonus as I’m a lover of super short stems.
    Budget isn’t limitless, and needs to be realistic as I’ll need to get wheels. Thankfully I’m running 27.5″ 160mm pikes to slacken out the Covert already.
    Looked at bronsons, nomads and the such, but think the prices are a little high despite being fantastic bikes.
    Bit of a wild card, but the canyon strive cf 8.0 race has caught my eye.
    Guessing the resale value of my carbon covert frame will be ridiculous as it has the unfashionable wheel size!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Sorry to be obvious but why not wait until there’s an obvious successor or reason to replace (something you call beloved)?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Replacement frame recommendations for beloved carbon covert…..’ is closed to new replies.