Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Replacement frame cost spec stumpy carbon
  • garethh
    Free Member

I’m having some warranty issues with Specialized and am basically asking for a refund. I have an 07 stumpjumper pro carbon and am wondering what the current equivalent cost would be, i’m presuming that you can only get the S-works as a frame only. Anyone have an idea of cost, or know anything about taking warranty claims a step further (ie small claims court)

Thanks,
    Gareth

druidh
    Free Member

Surely they’d only have to refund you the RRP as it was in ’07?

garethh
    Free Member

Possibly, I may push for compensation considering the time without the bike, time to dismantle and reassemble bike and failiure of 4 shocks, 4 bearing sets, one chain stay and one magnesium rocker. They have offered £100 specialized vouchers. Not very impressed!

njee20
    Free Member

They don’t sell any bikes as frame only. For 2008 you could get an S-Works ‘module’ which was frame, fork, headset, seatpost and front mech for £2500, but that’s a silly price for yours.

The Stumpy Pro Carbon frame doesn’t really have a value, as you rightly point out, but they will have a price for crash replacement purposes. I don’t think you can expect a refund on the frame though, I’d expect that if it comes to that you’ll be giving the whole bike back.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Replacement frame cost spec stumpy carbon’ is closed to new replies.