Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replacement for ZTR Crest
  • rondo101
    Free Member

Had some Crests built on to Hope pro2 Evos for my HT recently. I wouldn’t consider myself a particularly hard rider; i don’t do massive drops & I weigh around 150 lbs, so figured I’d be alright with XC wheels. My bike’s a Genesis Altitude with 120mm forks.

However, on a circuit of Afan’s W2 last weekend (which I’d consider to be a XC trail) I managed to put a sizable dent in the rear rim. I hadn’t had chance to sort tubeless out & was intending to do it last weekend. Obviously it’s not an option now.

So, what would you replace the rear rim with? Are Crests made of cheese & therefore should I be worried about the front doing the same?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Try Arches instead.And bending your knees 😉
    There is a possibility that it was just a one off…..OR its just you.

bigjim

sounds like you didn’t have enough air in the tyre?

grum
    Free Member

Is it possible to bend it back? Sometimes doable.

swoosh
    Free Member

I’d think it’s probably just a one off as i’m 11 and a half stone and have been riding my Stans 355 rims for 2 years without an issue at all. Been on both HT and FS bikes in Dalby, Inners, Glentress, Lakes, Peaks, Long Mynd, Cannock etc without any problems or dents.

njee20
    Free Member

Just got unlucky, the shorter sidewalls of Stans rims makes them less susceptible to bending than most brands.

Gently straighten with an adjustable, it’ll be fine, unless you’ve really walloped it, in which case you need to put more air in your tyres/learn to ride better! 😉

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Careful with the ‘bend it back’ option as you can put a crack in the rim.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Replacement for ZTR Crest’ is closed to new replies.