Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replacement for Garmin 210
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Preferably something that has a better method of charging then the clamp the Garmin uses.

Being able to view ascent/calories etc on the watch itself (without having to plug it into a computer) would also be a bonus. Oh, and must come with HR monitor.

joshvegas
    Free Member

No advice for you but do you find the 210 a nightmare tk get satelites?

mikey74
    Free Member

Not really. I generally have to stand around for a couple of minutes but after that it never fails to hook up.

mikey74
    Free Member

Bump!!

mogrim

How much do you want to spend? The Suunto Ambit 2S I have is a lot easier to clamp than the 210 it replaced (although still not perfect), and is waterproof. The HR strap is a lot more comfortable, too.

I assume the newer 3 is even better. A lot more expensive, though!

CraigW
    Free Member

Forerunner 220 is the obvious replacement, not too expensive. I think the charger clip is improved quite a bit, so less fiddly. It can tell you calories on the watch, but not sure if it shows ascent/elevation. It has Bluetooth for syncing to a phone, which would give more details.

Or Forerunner 15 is cheap and simple. Also has an easier to use charger clip. It will tell you calories, but not ascent/elevation.

nickc

FR220 seems the natural suggestion. Does everything your current 210 does, only sightly better

mikey74
    Free Member

Any other options worth considering?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Replacement for Garmin 210’ is closed to new replies.