• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Replacement for failed RockShox Monarch 3.3 shock (2010 model)
  • flyingferret
    Free Member

Hi All

Hope someone can help me – not very technical I am afraid

I need to replace the RockShox Monarch 3.3 on my Boardman FS Pro (2010) mountain bike whiah has failed completely. Basically all I want to do replace it with the same or something roughly similar as I am getting a new bike very soon and will just sell this one once it is sorted.

I am struggling to find a cheapish second hand Monarch 3.3 (or 3.1) on ebay (I don’t want to spend to much so am not considering a new one as it just isn’t worth it for a bike of my age/condition).

My question therefore is can I replace it with another shock from another manufacturer? – I was thinking of something like a Fox Float perhaps. I am not bothered about it having a lock out (like my Monarch) as long as it gets me back on the trail till I sell it. The Monarch measures 190mm eye to eye centre and the bike is supposed to have 120mm of travel (does this work out to a stroke of about 50mm – how do I measure this?)

Any ideas/recommendations – what to go for or why I might get one

thanks in advance for any help

Martin

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Replacement for failed RockShox Monarch 3.3 shock (2010 model)’ is closed to new replies.