Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Replacement for a P7?
  • Ogg

Thinking of replacing my 2006 P7, what’s available in a similar vein?
    Something with a 30.9/31.6 seatpost and clearance for 2*X chainrings would be good, tapered headtube handy but not essential (bit more choice when buying a new set of forks)
    It would be my ‘do it all’ mountain bike so Thetford/Peaks/Wales etc plus local Cambs stuff (also have an Inbred SS for when it’s really mucky)
    Thinking frame only and running 130mm forks , not 29er as I’d have to buy wheels/forks/tyres etc etc

shanta
    Free Member

Ive a carbon 456 in the classified…

nosedive
    Free Member

I’m facing the exact same question (though my P7 is 2003 I think).

I keep coming back to the Orange Crush, ticks all of the above boxes and cheap frames seem to come up every so often

br
    Free Member

Thinking of replacing my 2006 P7, what’s available in a similar vein?

Why, if you like it enough to replace it with the same?

Ogg

I fancy a change and if I get a new one I’d like it to be more compatible with dropper posts and modern running gear.

Ive a carbon 456 in the classified…

Too small for me.

thepodge
    Free Member

Isn’t the Soul the go to for steel trail hardtails?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Yeah, Cotic Soul, obvious choice. Be warned, it could turn you into a soppy, doe eyed, wet lettuce.

Ogg

Hmm no other choices then?
    The Soul is very tempting…

soundninjauk

What size p7 frame do you currently have?

trevron73
    Free Member

If Only cannondale still made the Beast ?(beer sorry)its my go to bike

trevron73
    Free Member

P7 was awesome – as was the beast from 88 to 98 ,hard to replace , i guess one of those COTIC thingys or a dreamy NINER

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I replaced mine with a BFe, but the kind if riding I was doing was different. My BFe is not really a direct replacement, a soul would be the closer match to the P7, if I wasn’t doing more jump these days I would have probably gone for a soul. Getting too many aches and pains though from the dj and realising I’m not 18 anymore so perhaps a souls next as I fancy mincing about trail centres.

Ogg

What size p7 frame do you currently have?

It’s a 19″

I replaced mine with a BFe

Yeah I looked at the BFe instead of the Soul – but I think it was my wallet thinking, I’m not really gnar enough to justify the BFe.

FieldMarshall

Orange dont do the P7 anymore.

I still have my 06 P7 and its ace. But also bought a Bfe two years ago. Also ace. But very different bikes.

spudly1979
    Free Member

I’ve recently built up an old voodoo wanga frame into my first hardtail. Stunned at how much fun it is, and somehow more confidence inspiring for jumps than my 150mm Canyon?!

hambl90
    Free Member

Cove handjob

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Replacement for a P7?’ is closed to new replies.