• This topic has 11 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DeeW.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Replacement Cree XPG pcb needed for Trout light, any ideas??
  • swisstony
    Free Member

Hi,

One of the LED’s on my Trout light has packed in and needs replacing. I’ve found a few places that sell just the LED but the ones in the light came mounted on their own pcb and knowing what to do with just the LED is a bit beyond my skill or interest level.

So does anyone know where I can buy a pcb mounted Cree XPG like Troutie used???

(I’ve sent him several emails but not had a reply so guess he’s no longer in the light business)

Thanks

Goldigger
    Free Member

What size PCB?

swisstony
    Free Member

10mm square

stevied
    Free Member

Stick a pic up. As far as I’m aware most of his lights use a driver pcb with LED’s on normal boards. If I can see it I might be able to help..

swisstony
    Free Member

Thanks

THIS I suspect.

riddoch

looks a lot like this
    Just relised you were looking for the next bit that bits on

Goldigger
    Free Member

This will be what Chris used.. The other cutter link is the XP-G2..

http://www.cutter.com.au/proddetail.php?prod=cut1032

I might have some xp-g’s at home, but I know I don’t have 10mm square PCB. Might have round.

stevied
    Free Member

The cutter ones linked will do the job. Shipping is quite expensive from them for 1 LED tho. If GD doesn’t have any this should do the job: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cree-480lm-White-Light-Emitter/dp/B00CBTM6FA

swisstony
    Free Member

Thanks very much guys that’s a great help.

The round one should be fine shouldn’t it as its the same width and can be soldered in line just like the square ones?

GD if you’ve got one then great but I don’t mind getting the amazon ones.

thanks again

stevied
    Free Member

Yep, round one would be fine. Just need to solder across the pads. Should be +ve on one to -ve on it’s neighbour..

DeeW
    Free Member

Round should be fine but square would be better as the legs of the optics sit on the corners of the square boards. Sure YOU will be able to bodge something though 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Replacement Cree XPG pcb needed for Trout light, any ideas??’ is closed to new replies.