Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replacement chainrings?
  • mickasaki
    Free Member

It's time for some new chainrings on my XT cranks. Is there any point changing from genuine shimano rings? What are you using? Will all '104' rings fit?
    Thanks

Taff
    Free Member

all 104 rings will fit as it's a universal fitting. I think you're thinking of compact /110mm.
    Personally I have always found shimano rings a little soft and wear quicker that others. For that reason I have middleburn or raceface rings. I haven't tried Shimano ones for a year or two so they have changed

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Shimano are fine- but don't pay shop prices. Plenty brand new via the forum!

mickasaki
    Free Member

I want to change to a bsh set-up so looking to get either 34 or 36 middle, seems abit of hassle locating shimano ones in anything other than 32! I reckon it will be the middleburn hardcoat rings, as everywhere seems to sell them. I have even been trying to find M771 cranksets at good prices as they come with better ring choices, and could then sell the old crankset, and get a complete new set-up for less than replacement rings!

Taff
    Free Member

you could try goldtec for a 34 / 36 104bcd chain ring. Really good rings for longevity and quality. I think I have a 36t that I used a couple of times on my other hardtail that's now redundant.

mickasaki
    Free Member

Taff – just remembered that the bash that i got is for a 34 chainring! Good job that sprung back in my mind!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Replacement chainrings?’ is closed to new replies.