Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replacement Avid Juicy lever clamp bolts – where from?
  • _tom_
    Free Member

Need a new bolt for my front Juicy 5 lever as the one it came with (bought 2nd hand) was rounded off (pain in the arse to get out). Any ideas where I can get a replacement set? Superstars Ti Bolts bit have em, but £10 for 4 bolts is ridiculous.

I have a bolt I found from an old lever that seems to fit, but when tightened to the max the clamp doesn't hold tight enough, so I guess the head of the bolt is too big or something..

The tibolts site says they're M5x15, so would something like this fit (16mm length is all they have but close enough) – http://www.simpsoncycles.co.uk/product.php?xProd=1987 ?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

It will be a stock size more than likely – the bolt you put in – is it too long and bottoming out before it tightens the clamp? Put a nut on it and then cut it down with a hacksaw – then undo the nut cleaning the thread at the end – or get a shorter bolt the same size.

Or take your existing bolt to the LBS / hardware shop / fasteners supplier and get them to sell you one?

househusband
    Free Member

No, they are not a standard size; socket head is too large. Trust me, I've tried. Avid P/N 11.5310.383.000.

Just so happens that I have a pair (brand new in sealed bag) to sell; they were on the classifieds the other day – yours for £3 posted.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    _tom_
    Free Member

You've got mail 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Huh? They're just M5x16mm, I fitted alu ones to mine, so I have a full set of ti ones spare… Even for £3 you could just buy some from any hardware store

_tom_
    Free Member

I dunno, I can't seem to find any replacements with a small enough head. I think thats the problem with the one I got off another lever, head doesn't fit in the countersink properly and so instead of tightening, I'm just bending the washer and sinking into the lever material a bit more..

£3 for the proper bolts is fine to me.

njee20
    Free Member

Guess the Ultimate levers are different then, as they're not countersunk!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Replacement Avid Juicy lever clamp bolts – where from?’ is closed to new replies.