Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replaced reverb lever, post now makes hissing sound??
  • sofaboy73
    Free Member

Broke the remote on my reverb and managed to pick up a second hand one cheap. Fitted by just unsrewing from broken lever and attached to ‘new’ unit. Works fine so no need for a bleed. However the post now makes a short hissing sound at the end of its stroke as if air is deprusurising / escaping. As I say all seems to work fine, have I created a problem for later? What’s causing it?

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

The very bottom base plate of the post has 3 vent holes to allow free flow of air(and sometimes moisture 🙁 ) to be sucked in and pushed out so as to not hamper free movement of the post.This creates a noise sometimes and perhaps the post is moving faster than before with addition of new trigger or you haven’t noticed it before.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Thanks. Yeh, possible not noticed before, as long as normal all is good. Kind of winds like the doors on the starship enterprise opening and closing – I know think I’m Captain Kirk when on the trails!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Shatner or Pine?

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

hehe Could be even fun to pull a whoopee cushion mouth over the ‘bottom’ of them 😆

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

perhaps that’s where they got the name for them from .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Replaced reverb lever, post now makes hissing sound??’ is closed to new replies.