Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Repeated tubeless fail: Shall I just wait for it to get warmer?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

I've been trying to set up some UST High Rollers on Stans Flow rims and I'm not getting very far.

Couldn't manage it on 719/819s a week before either, both in the garage at just above freezing temperatures.

Previously I've found it a lot easier, so is it the cold weather making it more difficult?

uplink
    Free Member

Doing tyres in freezing temps is a job that has little reward

I'd leave it for now or get a big bucket of hot soapy water & soak the tyres [& your hands] in it for 10 mins or so

mildred

I had a few problems yesterday with my Bontrager Tubeless ready and 819's. I think the tyre carcass gets quite stiff in the cold; I took them in the kitchen, had a cuppa and they went on no problem. Don't know if it was the warmth in the house, or just that I relaxed a bit after my cuppa.

MrNutt
    Free Member

eh? you couldn't fit UST HR's on 819s? I put em on my 823's with a track pump, do you have the tyre inside out?

leggyblonde
    Free Member

the cold makes a huge difference to getting tyres (and tubs) on. leave them by a radiator and they'll probably go on fine!

chakaping
    Free Member

I think I'll just wait for it to get warmer then, cheers guys.

Glad it wasn't just me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Repeated tubeless fail: Shall I just wait for it to get warmer?’ is closed to new replies.