Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Repairing tubeless tyres
  • st

Anyone got any decent tips for repairs to damaged tubeless tyres?

Managed to create a hole in the sidewall of a bonty XR mud at the weekend, it’s only small, not much bigger than a decent thorn hole but too much it seems for the latex to seal it up properly.

I’m thinking of a regular tube patch stuck on after giving the sideall a good clean on the inside but is there anything else I’d be better trying?

Ta.

DrP

That small,I’d use a ‘sticky anchovy’ type thing…. wouldn’t bother with a patch.
    Can fix it from the outside then.

Google ‘tubeless repair kit’.

DrP

scruff
    Free Member

Tubeless patches are thicker, Ive fixed a few. Just need to clean the tyre of all latex gunk before sticking. Or just try superglue in the hole.

st

One of these?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=7971

I remember trying to rpair a UST tyre years ago with something similar where you pushed the rubber stick into the tyre and pulled it back out to double it up and couldn’t get it to work although it may have been bad technique.

Northwind

There’s another thread on this at the moment…

Big holes or slices can benefit from a stitch or two- basically if the hole pulls open, then it’ll want to pull open when patched.

Small-ish holes, either use an external string patch, or just pop it off and whack a small, standard glue-on patch on the back, easy.

tomd
    Free Member

The Weldtite tubeless repair kit works for smallish holes, it’s quick and easy to do.

scruff
    Free Member

I dont like those stringy things, I used one of these dont think I got any patches left though, its nowt special just thicker patches.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=32383

Nobby
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Repairing tubeless tyres’ is closed to new replies.