Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Repairing self inflating mats near the seams?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My alpkit 3/4 mat has developed 2 punctures, both right on the inside edge of the seam. Ones on the corner of the valve too to make it even more awkward.

Is there a way to repair them when they leak there, no way a patch will glue into the fold. Some sort of viscous glue/sealent that I could inject through the hole (would need a needle) and let it bubble out till it seals?

Cougar

Superglue. Smear it on, then spend half an hour picking it off your fingers.

(This is what I was advised to do on mine by Alpkit themselves when my Fat Airic went in much the same way.)

craigxxl
    Free Member

Try tent seam repair. It is a thick glue that cures to be rubber like so will stay in place.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ll give superglue a go, can always wash it off with nail polish remover if it doesnt work.

spend half an hour picking it off your fingers.

Acetone/nail polish remover, it just washes it off!

Cougar

Yeah, but where’s the fun in that?

samuri
    Free Member

Superglue. I have repaired two blow up beds by just smearing superglue over the splits on seams and then holding it in place for a while. Then more superglue.

iamroughrider
    Free Member

no specific experience but maybe try some sugru? I am very pleased with the results I have achieved with other items. There’s a technical data pdf on their website that may in this case help determine suitability.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Repairing self inflating mats near the seams?’ is closed to new replies.