Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Repairing seam tape on HH waterproof jacket.
  • wordnumb
    Free Member

I found the seam tape on one side of my Helly Hansen Charger jacket is coming away in multiple places. The fact that this is only happening on the left side of the jacket, which is otherwise in perfect condition, suggests manufacturing issues – I have contacted HH, but seeing as I bought it cheap (new) online a couple of years ago…

Does anyone know a good way of resticking seam tape? I’ve tried using McNett’s Seam Grip, which appears to stick anything apart from seam tape. Despite twice washing my hands in white spirit my fingertips are in danger of ripping keys out of this laptop.

Any advice appreciated.

cliffyc
    Free Member

Try Lancashire Sports Repairs,in Burnley (Tel.01282 439109.They can sort your seam tape for you (it’s about £25 for half tape i.e hood,shoulders,neck,and £40 for all seams).They can work with you on a more specific fix if needed.Great firm I work in an Outdoor Clothing shop and they are the Go-To people for repairs.Hope this is of use.

matt_outandabout

Buy a new jacket.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Buy a new jacket.

Nope. The tape has failed on one seam, HH don’t make the jacket anymore and it’s the best thing I’ve found for riding in harsh weather. HH have requested photos of the tapefail, so I’m hopeful I’ll get years more life out of it. Anyway, it’s not as if it’s my only jacket.

Cliffyc – that’s some useful info, not for this jacket but I’m going to pass the details on to someone who has to maintain a lot of kit. Ta very much.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Repairing seam tape on HH waterproof jacket.’ is closed to new replies.