Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Repairing Hydrapack
  • Coyote
    Free Member

Or to be more precise, the actual bladder. It seems that there is a small hole. Question is, if I patch it will it stick?

z1ppy

I’m currently using superglue and a puncture patch to repair mine, seem to have held so far – though as the glues not flexible I don’t reckon it’s going to be a perminant fix.
    My hole is just next to the rim so quite awkward, I’d tried just super glue, normal puncture repair glue glue and a patch and then the superglue/patch combination.

Anyone else tried anything?

squattingmouse
    Free Member

One of my camelbaks had a leak near the point where the hoe attaches to the bladder which I fixed with silicone sealent. Eventually thought it failed and I ended up buying a new bladder.

It’ll stick but for how long depends on where it is and what you use to patch it.

brant
    Free Member

Most puncture repair kits don’t contain glue – it’s actually de-vulcanising solution, which sort of attacks the butyl rubber, then letting the also-de-vulcanised patches chemically bond to the tube.

So using them on a non-rubber product isn’t going to yield much success.

John Stevenson told me this.

Coyote
    Free Member

Hmmm… just been to check. Curse you Brant and your scientific explanations. Silicon sealant eh?

Ewan
    Free Member

If it’s a camelbak just send it back – life time guarentee.

Coyote
    Free Member

It’s a Hydrapack.

seizednuts
    Free Member

Try using Parks instant patchs, Used on my hydrapak. lasted a couple of years before i replaced it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Repairing Hydrapack’ is closed to new replies.