Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Repairing cycling shoes?
  • cookeaa

Specifically my old cheap XC shoes which are comfy and fit but the synthetic leather is breaking up just round the toe box on both shoes… Gaffa taped them up the other day but it won’t last…

I have a plan to wring another few months out of them using some spare epoxy and fibreglass/carbon I have in the garage. Anyone attempted anything similar? Did it work at all?

Bolt

Shoe goo is good

Have repaired shoes and overshoes with it.

Just search for it on the bay.

teasel
    Free Member

Haven’t done anything similar but how about a strip of rubber cut to shape stuck on with some high strength contact adhesive. Maybe even buy a block of rubber and cut out a shape to fit to ease to chance of it trying to spring back to a flat and come apart.

Depends how creative you are and/or how much the shoes mean to you.

nc21

I’ve a superglue with aerosol activator in my van which I use on site but which doubles up as an emergency repair on shoes- though more when the sole parts company with the synthetic upper. I’ve also used it when the stitching on my Singletrack shorts has given up.

vmgscot

I used Sugru to successfully repair the heel boxes coming away on my old Shimano MW80’s and they lasted through another winter season so far.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Repairing cycling shoes?’ is closed to new replies.