Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Repairing an L&M HID light – How to get it apart?
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Mrs PPs old L&M ARC packed up this week. I think it might be a loose connection inside, but I can’t find any way of opening the head unit up….

Anybody know how?

Cheers! 🙂

Trailseeker
    Free Member

You need to lever off the front bezel using the tab but be careful as the glass cover will fall out & the lamp is fairly fragile with it removed.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Cheers

Got it apart, and as I suspected the wires have frayed. I clipped them and soldered them back on, but they must have shorted out and the light is still dead. 🙁

Thanks for the help though…. 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Trailseeker
    Free Member

The protection circuit on the battery might have operated – plugging it in to the charger should reset it if the fault has now been fixed.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ll give it a go, but I charged it last night….

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Nope. Buggered.

Trailseeker
    Free Member

What voltage is it putting out?
    I think they were 11.1v Li ion.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

No idea, sorry. The battery and charger are fine though.

Mister-P
    Free Member

They are 11.1V

anc
    Free Member

Troutie can do you a head unit that will work with your old battery and charger. 😉
    When mine died i got a new seca 700 with battery and all from Merlin, about the same price Madison were willing to do me just a head unit for 👿 So now I have a 2 batteries and chargers, which ain’t such a bad thing as the LED head units are very reliable.

wwaswas

PP – I’ve got a Hope HID light set available – £80 posted?

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

I’ll have the dead unit if you’ve got no further use for it

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

wwaswas Thanks for the offer but I’ll be getting a DX (If I can’t get a Lightandgo.com light, see my other thread!) or similar. 🙂

RichPenny
    Free Member

I’d be interested in buying the battery if you’re getting rid Pete. Could get Anna to collect when she drops off those rebas 🙂 Good luck with those btw! 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Repairing an L&M HID light – How to get it apart?’ is closed to new replies.