Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Repairing a cracked screen on a Garmin GPSMap64s
  • roverpig

Slightly off-topic, but I know some folk use these for navigation on a bike, so thought you might be able to help.

Managed to drop a fairly new Garmin GPSMap64s and crack the screen. No damage to the actual display as far as I can tell, just the glass that has cracked.

Does anybody have and good advice for how/where to get these repaired?

Thanks.

trailhound101

HI, I cracked my Edge 800 a few weeks back – I rang Garmin UK customer service and they took the details and emailed me a ref number. I posted the unit and they sent me a refurbished, replacement unit within the week. tip-top service although it cost £70. nice to have a new clear screen again. can’t complain.

roverpig

Thanks, that’s good to hear. I was going to give Garmin a call, but wanted to see whether anybody had any bad experiences or recommended any alternative options.

Bruce

I have the same Garmin with the same problem about 2 years ago. I didn’t get it repaired I just stuck some of the screen protecting film for a phone over the crack as it was small and at the side of the display. It still works fine so far and has not filled with water when I have taken it sea kayaking.

roverpig

Thanks. To be honest the screen protector would be my choice too. but it’s my wife’s GPS and she wants it fixed properly.

welshfarmer

My best advice is to ring Garmin, tell them how you did it, ask if there is any way to pay to have it repaired. And let them take it from there. They may surprise you.

Dibbs
    Free Member

They do a fixed price exchange for a lot of units, have a look at their website.

I’ve just had a quick look $99 on the US site the UK site is being silly.
    http://www8.garmin.com/support/outofwarranty.html

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Repairing a cracked screen on a Garmin GPSMap64s’ is closed to new replies.