Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Repairing a camelbak bladder – its leaking
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

I have a teeny tiny little hole in mine – its right at the bottom though if that matters

Are there are any good and easy ways to fix it?
    The duck tape repair slowed the leak but that is all.

It is the equivalent of a slow puncture but with water dripping down your back when you ride

Cheers all

northernmatt

Park Tool tyre boot or Zefal equivalent? Chap I know has done exactly this and it’s worked fine for him for the last 2 years.

bland

Superglue a puncture patch onto it, which reminds me mine needs doing again!

Should last a good while, oh sand it a bit first too

andysmiff1
    Free Member

I’ve just used a Park glueless patch on mine – tiny leak at one of the seams. (Charge LR reservoir)

Holding up fine so far!

Edit – too slow!!!

z1ppy

bland +1, it ain’t brilliant and will come off again over time, but will keep you going for quite a while.

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

Hardly worth the hassle when you can get a replacement cheap on Ebay

trout
    Free Member

I have repaired one using a soldering iron and a bit of the bladder from an edge
    but its a fine line between a fix and a ruined bladder

or solvent adhesive for pvc plumbing pipes should do a permanant repair

tomj
    Free Member

I had mine replaced free of charge when it started leaking. Something about a lifetime garentee. It was about 4yr old and I had no proof of purchase or paperwork but the outdoor shop I got it from simply gave me a new one and sent the old one back

mtbfix

Camelbak bladders are warrantied for life. Take it back where you got it.

Junkyard
    Free Member

i figured patch may work but was worried about what would happen with the chemical in the glue on the bladder and me consuming it

Trout I suspect your soldering skills are somewhat better than mine and realise what side of the line I would fall on

As it is only small i will try a park patch first

Its second hand and years old so warranty is unlikely to work but might ask Merlin on that.

Cheers all

Deveron53
    Free Member

Buy a Gelert hydration pack from Blacks for 20 quid. They come with a Source inner bladder. The best imho. I wouldn’t say repair would be worth it.

jools182
    Free Member

Pity the bite valves aren’t guaranteed

£5 for something that must cost about 5p to make 😥

Weasel
    Free Member

My camelbak developed a pin hole leak, for the life of me I couldn’t remember where I purchased it.

I contacted the distributor who said they couldn’t deal with me direct but a local stockists could help as the middle man, after a local bike shop said they would help out the distributor then said without a proof of purchase they wouldn’t honour the warranty. Fantastic!

m_t_b
    Free Member

Tenacious tape is excellent worked on mine. I did use a bit of superglue directly on the hole too.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Repairing a camelbak bladder – its leaking’ is closed to new replies.