Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Repair or replace?
  • tomsk01
    Free Member

Managed to crack the carbon fibre seatstay on my Yeti asr sl in a relatively minor crash at the weekend, whole rear triangle will need replacing, bike shop I bought it from said they can replace it for £450 including fitting. Should I grit my teeth and resurrect a bike that I’ve had some great times on, or should I look at getting a slightly tougher frame (probably second hand) and have a bit more peace of mind that when I next crash its not going to bankrupt me again. Can’t do photos of the damage at the moment, suffice to say the damage is not repairable with gaffer tape (thought did cross my mind when I was told how much the new rear end would cost!)

steve_b77
    Free Member

New rear for sure, wouldn’t try repairing it myself

Rorschach
    Free Member

Have you tried contacting http://www.carboncyclerepairs.co.uk/index.html
    They seem to know their shizzle.

tomsk01
    Free Member

Thanks for that rorschach, might well give them a bell, only problem is its cracked right next to the flex point on the seatstay, I know that if I had it repaired I’d always have the thought in the back of my mind that it could all go sideways at any point, and would have me hauling on the anchors at the first sign of trouble…

tomsk01
    Free Member

Sorry, after rereading post question might not make sense, should I get the Yeti fixed or should I get a new bike and switch all the parts over to that bike (was thinking second hand Orange ST4 frame), its been a long day and there’s not much juice left in my brain 🙁

JImmAwelon
    Free Member

Do they do an alu rear for that frame? Cheaper and stronger?

daznal
    Free Member

Mmmm the old yeti seat stay breaking trick.Best to consign it to the ever growing pile of broken rear yeti triangles,although to be fair its usualy the 575’s that give up the ghost.Go for the new frame

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Repair or replace?’ is closed to new replies.