Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Repair or bin?
  • Mowgli
    Free Member

Had a pair of these, lovely light wheels. Maybe a bit too light; put a massive dent in the rear rim which has cracked slightly. Have replaced with a more conventional set of Hope Tech Enduros for a good price s/h off here, but wondering what to do with the Crossmaxs. A replacement rim can only be got direct from Mavic, and is £130. I’m assuming the ridiculously expensive spokes and nipples can be re-used. It would be handy to have a spare set of wheels but for £130 I could get a whole wheel and not have the worry of trying to rebuild with 20 used spokes.

Don’t suppose the hub alone is much use to anyone, or even the front wheel really as most folk will want matching wheels. Seems a shame to write them off though.

WWSTWD?

weeksy

Put them on Classifieds/Ebay.

Some people recently bought cheap rims and can build a wheel in an hour, would be perfect for them.

gribble
    Free Member

I bought a pair of new, but lightly shop soiled (i.e. just duty really) 26in Crossmax wheels (bought them this year, but on sale at the shop from circa 2012) for £150.

I think the best thing might be to either (a) see if you can get a second hand rim from someone on here/ebay and then repair or (b) do the opposite and flog them for spares/repairs.

Decent wheels, so a shame not to use them somehow.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Repair or bin?’ is closed to new replies.