Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Repair kit for Event jacket – how durable?
  • jimmers
    Free Member

I snagged my jacket on some barbed wire at the weekend. The rip is an L shape only 1cm across.

Anyone had any experience of these kits (usually Goretex repair kits), where did you get it from and has the repair stood up to regular riding abuse?

similar to these

Cheers

Marko

Jimmers:

I’ve used various kits – Gelert, Goretex and Thermorest. They all work short term, but if you wash your jacket often, as you are supposed to, they all start to peel off.
    I found the best repair is to use seam sealer:

http://www.uttingsoutdoors.co.uk/Product/184/100457/terra-nova-multi-purpose-tent-seam-sealer-glue-50ss25?src=froogle

Use a patch (or just use masking tape to hold it together) on the inside and sealer on the outside. It leaves a bit of a scar like ridge, but it’s never an issue.

Hth
    Marko

jimmers
    Free Member

Cheers Marko, I will give that a go.

jimmers
    Free Member

I have ordered this stuff as it comes with patches included. For anyone or also has a ripped jacket.

linky

Just Google to find UK stockists.

ben1979
    Free Member

I think all my water proofs are held together in some way with gaffa tape on the inside, all go through the wash fine.

duir
    Free Member

I used a few goretex iron on patches on my endura event jacket for L shaped tears. To date they have lasted well and survived several washes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Repair kit for Event jacket – how durable?’ is closed to new replies.