Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Renting a bike, what proof/ info do i take with me?
  • hazza123
    Free Member

As the title says i shall be renting a bike, it will be for the first time and was wondering what kind of I.D etc they take? being 17 will they even let me do this?
    thanks

Tracker1972
    Free Member

I am guessing there is a reason you can’t ask the rental place. Especially if you think they won’t let you…

hazza123
    Free Member

I am heading to glentress tomorrow, there is nothing on the website about age restrictions and it’s too late to ring. I’ll just hope they’ll let me tomorrow i guess.

tmb467
    Free Member

Bring a passport and proof of address. Dunno if you have a debit card but they’ll probably want a deposit too

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

A hardtail you should be fine. If it’s a full sus and you’re planning on riding the black runs then you need your advanced cycling certificate, or a video of you showing intermediate levle bike handling skills such as drop offs, endos, manuals, bunnyhops etc.

hazza123
    Free Member

Thanks ‘tmb467’, was planning on taking my provisional and debit card, and are you serious ‘david’, i don’t have any videos of me or a ‘certificate’, i have raced SDA’s, and what not, one of those being Fort William,so would say I am ‘experienced’ to say the least.
    Will it matter about my age or are they just happy enough about having my details and/or money/I.D?

tmb467
    Free Member

Think on the one occasion I hired I left em 150 quid in cash as a deposit cos there can be times when a ‘pre- auth’ actually takes the cash from the card (unlike a credit card)

Dunno about your age tho

project
    Free Member

Credit card, passport, and 2 adult family members accompnied by their parents.

Dont forget a packet of biscuits as well.

hazza123
    Free Member

I imagine i’ll be paying by card for the rental, will take my passport just incase too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Renting a bike, what proof/ info do i take with me?’ is closed to new replies.