Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Renthal narrow/wide chainring
  • MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Just wondered how many people have tried these and if they last any longer than other brands?

I’ve currently got a Blackspire snaggletooth on the bike that appears to be made of cheese 😆 It started dropping the chain after 200 miles and looks totally worn out after another 50 miles, I ride in places where the mud is like grinding paste so wondered if the mud grooves on the Renthal worked and hard anodising would help longevity?

alexxx
    Free Member

If you’re riding in such shitty conditions I’d be tempted to just get a superstar one and see how that goes first! 250 miles is shockingly crap though from the blackspire!

The Sram X0 ring that came on my cranks gets wet slop all day long and still looks new after that distance

rocketman
    Free Member

The gold anodising wears off almost instantly but otherwise wearing well

Have done about 1.5 k on a 36T no reason to change it anytime soon

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

The superstar one could be a good idea especially as they’re £20 at the moment.

Have done about 1.5 k on a 36T no reason to change it anytime soon

Has it had much use in muddy conditions?

jonnym92

What bcd? If 94 then these SRAM steel rings are a bargain, had one on my bike for most of the year and its still going strong in some very unfavourable conditions – I’ve got through the cheaper alloy ones (on-one, ss) rather quickly in the past.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Forgot about steel, that would be the ideal solution as the extra weight wouldn’t bother me. Shame they’re not 104 bcd.

ico86

These are 104 pcd

praxis steel n/w rings

I have one and it seems pretty good thus far

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Renthal narrow/wide chainring’ is closed to new replies.