Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Renthal Kevlar Lock-On Grips… worth the £££££
  • rewski
    Free Member

£24 seems steep, don’t mind the price if they’re great.

stevede
    Free Member

Not worth it imo, absolutely loved the kevlar push ons, not so sold on the extra thickness of the lock ons, my kevlar ones haven’t lasted particularly well and now they have worn down smooth they are quite slippy when wet, my supersoft white ones lasted a month and the grey ones i had were way too hard. Going back to my trusty old ruffians next time i think (or maybe some more kevlar push ons). Definately the most over hyped product of recent times for me.

rewski
    Free Member

Cheers stevede, I’ll stick with my oury’s then.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nodrog2
    Free Member

I like them. Durable (so far), comfy and grippy. Granted if the palms of your gloves get covered in mud then they can be slippy. Would I pay £24.99…Er no but as I get mine at ‘bike shope staff price’ then happy to use them.

daver27
    Free Member

Try the new Hope lock ons. just put some on mine and i have a sneaky suspicion they are the best lockon grips ever made, no collars causing pressure, just lovely thin grip all the way across, kinda like a slip on grip but better!

benzi
    Free Member

haven’t tried them, but I dont think they are worth it really. They do look high quality, but I got these http://www.moovebikeco.com/lock-on-grips-anodised for under £10 and the quality is comparable to the ODI’s I had.

dan45a
    Free Member

I’m not sure about mine. I prefer the feel of my odi Yeti grips, odies feel softer and slightly thicker which I prefer.

Dont think they look that great either, might take mine off if I still don’t get on with them this weekend.

honourablegeorge

ODI Troy Lees FTW

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’ve got the super soft ones and quite like them apart from the fact that they’re white. They seem to have solved the issues I was having with sore hands and blisters. On top of that, they’re actually wearing quite well which surprised me.

Whether they’re any better than ODI’s I’m not sure ( certainly better than my ODI rip offs ).

AlexSimon

I like my ODI Troy Lees, but would prefer them slightly wider and slightly thinner.

the_lecht_rocks

New hope grips FTW.

Best I’ve used in width and comfort. Recommended !

rewski
    Free Member

Cheers all. Hope look interesting.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Renthal Kevlar Lock-On Grips… worth the £££££’ is closed to new replies.