Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Renthal Grip Glue – what alternative?
  • savage62
    Free Member

Looking at getting myself some of the BMX style Renthal grips as I fancy more padding then the lock-ons and they’re nice and cheap at £9.99, however I noticed that they also sell Renthal grip glue to stop your grips twisting. It can’t be anything too specific though surely so was wondering what others use if not that? Would some cheap PVA glue do the job instead?

00soppd
    Free Member

Hairspray and lock wire is what I use on the dirtbike. Allow a few seconds for it to go tacky then slide on.

cr500dom
    Free Member

wd40 and lockwire for me ;o)
    (You need the lockwire to stop the water getting in, as the wd40 sticks the grips as long as it remains dry)
    Brake cleaner works well too
    Or if they are closed end grips just put them on with an airline and lockwire ;o)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bigyinn
    Free Member

Holts Dampstart sprayed on the grips and bars usually does the trick.

savage62
    Free Member

Thanks for the tips guys, don’t think I’ll bother with glue, just some hairspray/WD40 type spray and lockwire!

sharkattack

Brake cleaner does the trick for me. Not sure how it works but the grips on the BMX and hardtail are locked solid. Never use those bikes in the wet though so not sure how they’d hold up.

Bigmantrials

I have used spray paint before, spray it down the grip and then push on FAST, i have had grips get stuck half way before!!

Adam

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Renthal Grip Glue – what alternative?’ is closed to new replies.